Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BBC: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:44 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: BBC: Driver humiliated by Texas judge Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3670578.stm

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should do something like that in this country, just banning them and even prision isn't good enough.

But theres nothing like humiliation. Smile Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:57 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Seems a much more fitting punishment than just a ban. They should start doing things like that in this country for serious crimes. Thumbs Up

Minky_monkey
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:58 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, we couldn't possibly do anything like that, it would be against his human rights.

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 20:44 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back gibbets.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:07 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, thats cool.

BTW, whats a gibbet?

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee_367 wrote:

BTW, whats a gibbet?

A thing used to hang people, I think Smile

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being executed, bodies were left on display in a gibbet as a deterrent to other would-be offenders. Sometimes, they wouldn't wait for the person to actually be dead, letting them starve to death instead :-

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 00:42 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, if we become a country full of savages, I sincerley hope that we are wiped out in the next war. People who place no value on human life shouldn't have one.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

pipnet11
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:48 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very few things i like about america is the way the justice system/police system works. we should do the same here

Phill
I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 01:08 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
People who place no value on human life shouldn't have one.

And you dishing out that statement only makes it worthless coming from yourself Wink

Minky_monkey
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:26 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee_367 wrote:
Hahaha, thats cool.

BTW, whats a gibbet?

I thought it was something you removed from a chicken prior to cooking it........! Laughing

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bloody good idea by the judge, would be great to see such a scheme becoming widespread.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 18:26 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
People who place no value on human life shouldn't have one.

And you dishing out that statement only makes it worthless coming from yourself Wink

Eh? I place a high value on human life Smile.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

malb
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:37 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Can't wait to see what happens to the prat who actually hit the girl!

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 20 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think about that really.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1