|
|
| Author |
Message |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:52 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: Parking Ticket too!! |
 |
|
Bloody hell, the day gets better. Mrs D and her sister went shopping last Saturday, Dunelm mills Huddersfield.
They've been before and can easily spend all day in the place (fuck knows what's in there, I never ask)
Now though, there's a 2 hour limit for parking! So now she's got a £90 "fine" or a very generous £60 if paid within 14 days.
Rang Dunelm and they say "it's not our car park, nowt to do with us, what? it's outside your fucking store isn't it?
Company is called Parkingeye, I've already checked them out on Pepipoo and consensus is to ignore.
Which I was going to do anyway, although Mrs D is bricking it now, what with one summons on the mat already today. What do they think I am, a fucking cash machine? arseholes.
They can all fuck off, they're getting fuck all.
Dog ____________________ I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fatpies |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fatpies World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Mar 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nowhere.elysium |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nowhere.elysium The Pork Lord

Joined: 02 Mar 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:59 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
When you phoned them, you didn't give them any information that was specific to your ticket, did you? If not, then just ignore it. If you did, then they're going to chase you. You can still ignore it; they've got no legal power to do anything, but the harassment may get irritating after a while. Just don't let the Mrs. panic, is all. Fear is exactly what they're hoping to capitalise on. ____________________ '10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kwaks |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kwaks I'm not a fast rider

Joined: 28 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:28 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thank them for tracking your car, you will pass the info on to the police searching for the thieves. ____________________ Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:56 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| nowhere.elysium wrote: | When you phoned them, you didn't give them any information that was specific to your ticket, did you? If not, then just ignore it. If you did, then they're going to chase you. You can still ignore it; they've got no legal power to do anything, but the harassment may get irritating after a while. Just don't let the Mrs. panic, is all. Fear is exactly what they're hoping to capitalise on. |
No reply to parkingeye at all, and there isn't going to be one. Dunelm said it "Isn't their car park", and they have no control over it, I find that hard to believe. I mean a multi million pound organisation has no control over a bunch of shysters operating from a PO box address in Chorley? The car park serves THEIR store, they must decide policy.
Dog ____________________ I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:44 - 31 Jan 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Scribble through the addressee on the envelope and return to sender, "not known at this address". Keep doing this, don't change tactic - they will soon get pissed off about not getting anywhere and will move to the next victim.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattEMulsion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattEMulsion World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marmalade |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marmalade World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:10 - 01 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
It seems that in exchange for banning clamping the government are giving private parking tickets like this the same level of legality of those given by council wardens.
Hoorah for clamping ban  ____________________ Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:53 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, that's her in the "Will pay the Danegeld" file. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LordShaftesbu... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LordShaftesbu... World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:31 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I hate sad endings.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R6 Wilson |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R6 Wilson Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ingore that shit
Protocol is bin any parking ticket not directly off the council
Rumour has it they'll spend more in legal costs trying to claim the money you owe them than the actual fine itself is
I got a parking ticket for £60 off a private company for parking in what was only 80% of a parking space, which was adequate for my moped at the time
I sent a letter contesting it, they never replied so I never paid and never heard anything off it ____________________ ♥ YZF-R6 '05 ♥
Time is money so I stay late |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R6 Wilson |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R6 Wilson Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just read the bad news. FYL ____________________ ♥ YZF-R6 '05 ♥
Time is money so I stay late |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:06 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's understandable how some people can get frightened by this kind of thing. What with horror stories on the idiot box about penalties increasing.
When I spoke to the sis in law at first, I could hear the fear in her voice, all she was concerned about was not having it escalate and her having to pay £90 - £120 or more. I pointed her to threads on Pepipoo, told her to just send Parkingeye my name and address if she wanted to, and sent her the replies I got from Dunelm.
She didn't want to send them my name and address, "in case it got me into trouble and the police got involved".
Looking back, I should have gone over to hers the same day and taken the paperwork, so she couldn't pay it.
It's not even my money but I'm royally pissed off about the whole sorry episode right now. I might even go over to Dunelm and stay three hours in their car park next week, get my own ticket and see if I can't fuck them about a bit. (Pissing in the wind, I know)
Dog ____________________ I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Raffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Raffles World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:43 - 05 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I feel your pain, Dog.
I'm fairly sure that Mrs Raffles would also have bottled it and coughed up the ransom.
Slightly off topic but it's been bugging me why Mrs Dog would have travelled all the way to Huddersfield when you have a Dunelm Mills store in your home country, on Sticker Lane  ____________________ A good loser will always be a loser. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|