Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hein Gericke - going bust?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
Never assume with only limited knowledge of the facts!

You haven't got the hang of BCF yet have you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:18 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha... good point!

I do actually browse quite alot on here, it's actually one of my favourite forums, just don't post much!

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted this after browsing Hein Gericke for a few new bits of gear. However I'm not after anything expensive just temporary stuff really so don't fancy HG's prices. Anywhere that's decent and cheap to buy online?

EDIT: Just compared HG prices to the prices of M&S motorcyles and fuck me what a shock lol. HG significantly cheaper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:
Just spotted this after browsing Hein Gericke for a few new bits of gear. However I'm not after anything expensive just temporary stuff really so don't fancy HG's prices. Anywhere that's decent and cheap to buy online?

Thats the problem for HG. People go in their expensive to run shops, try on the gear and buy cheaper on line once they know what size they want.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Thats the problem for HG. People go in their expensive to run shops, try on the gear and buy cheaper on line once they know what size they want.

That's a problem that all retailers face.
People come into my retail stores looking for specific items. They try the items to make sure that they suit their needs then they go away and buy them off someone that doesn't have any overheads to finance. Gobshite Martin Lewis encourages people to do just this. He calls the practice ''ROBO'' which means Research Offline, Buy Online.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
So yes there was a need to order online! If that’s ok Smile Never assume with only limited knowledge of the facts!

I didn't assume I questioned. You can tell this by the question marks, they're a bit of a give away.

Denali wrote:
So my query was just given the number of retailers / suppliers going to the wall generally I was interested to know if any one else was experiencing issues with HG. And note I do actually like HG!

Except you don't normally ask if places are going bankrupt when an orders late, you just phone them up and ask why they are taking the piss.

Denali wrote:
Or am I secretly trying to bring retailers down… after HG, next I’m off to register on a supermarket forum, I’ll then give it 3 years and comment that Tesco doesn’t have my favourite marmalade in stock, and surely must be a sign that they are in trouble. MWAHHHH

Well thats what you've done over this matter.

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:03 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Interestingly OP lives within easy distance of 4 HG's so no need to mail order stuff. "

Can't see your question mark there Sickpup?

Yes you're right, that's exactly what I did here, I registered on BCF in 2008 so that in 2012 I could then start a thread about HG. Rolling Eyes

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
"Interestingly OP lives within easy distance of 4 HG's so no need to mail order stuff. "

Yes you're right, that's exactly what I did here, I registered on BCF in 2008 so that in 2012 I could then start a thread about HG. Rolling Eyes

And the sentence before and the sentence after both had question marks. Quoting out of context is impolite and makes you look dishonest.

I found it strange that you were mail ordering motorcycle clothing that could easily have been picked up from a store or ordered via one especially when the stores offer the same discounts as mail order and you could try stuff on. I guess that only makes sense to me then.

As it is I'm not sure why you registered and don't really care. I just found it very weird that you came on here, a site you rarely use to ask if Hein Gericke were bankrupt rather than phone them.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl_steveo wrote:

EDIT: Just compared HG prices to the prices of M&S motorcyles and fuck me what a shock lol. HG significantly cheaper.

M&S motorcycles?!

These aren't just motorbikes, these are M&S motorbikes!

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

better that than S&M motorbikes

(or is that just your average harley rider?)

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

supZ wrote:
better that than S&M motorbikes

(or is that just your average harley rider?)

I like the sound of that one actually.

Manuel
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:39 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got another email from HG!

Quote:
Dear Biker,

Between now and Monday, we are offering an incredible 30% saving on all current Hein Gericke items! And 15% on sale items!! We’ll also be offering great deals and discounts across our in-store range!*

To claim this great offer simply print off this email or present it on your Smartphone in-store!
OR visit us online and enter the exclusive HG Discount Code: LOYALTY30 at the checkout to claim your 30% off!!

As an added benefit to all our reward card members we’ll also be offering double points until Monday, if you’re not a member of our club card ask for details in-store to make extra savings!

There’s never been a better time to treat yourself!

We look forward to seeing you soon

Hein Gericke Team

multijoy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
Yes you're right, that's exactly what I did here, I registered on BCF in 2008 so that in 2012 I could then start a thread about HG.

That's some proper forward planning! Thumbs Up

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:55 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’ve written that as a statement of fact, even if you did put a question mark on the end of it, it does not make it a question!

And love the argument that if you have question marks on the sentences either side of another sentence without a question mark, then it (the middle sentence) somehow gains a question mark by virtue of it’s proximity to the sentences with question marks next to it!!!

“I found it strange that you were mail ordering motorcycle clothing” – another assumption! (And you haven’t put any question marks on any nearby sentences to use that get out!) Who said it was clothing?

“that could easily have been picked up from a store or ordered via one especially when the stores offer the same discounts as mail order and you could try stuff on” – another assumption! How do you know where I was before the offer ended - if I could have made it to a store in time? What transport I had available to me / how transportable the items were? And whether I needed to try any of it on?

“I guess that only makes sense to me then.” – yes only to you. When you base your logic on lots of incorrect assumptions!

“a site you rarely use” – er, how do you know how often I use this site?! I don’t post, but really like this site, it’s both amusing and informative. This conversation with you Sickpup is definitely falling into the former category only though!

“to ask if Hein Gericke were bankrupt rather than phone them” – just my guess but I don’t think the person on the other end of the phone in HG customer services would know, let alone tell people if they were going bust!

Hence my use of the internets to ask a group of people who shop at HG if they were also experiencing difficulties (which I just find very odd given the excellent CS I’ve had from HG in the past).

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Re: Hein Gericke - going bust? Reply with quote

Peirre oBollox wrote:

It's called a section 75, This all comes from Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, hence why this is sexily named Section 75. It rather impenetrably says…

75. — (1) If the debtor under a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement falling within section 12(b) or (c) has, in relation to a transaction financed by the agreement, any claim against the supplier in respect of a misrepresentation or breach of contract, he shall have a like claim against the creditor, who, with the supplier, shall accordingly be jointly and severally liable to the debtor. Read it in full

Which does NOT cover debit cards and only cover purchases of £100 to £30K per item... Not total purchase price.

You will also find that this is NOT a chargeback.

Also it is last resort as far as card providers go. And as a consumer would be the last resort. Due to the amount of paperwork you have to provide to prove your case.

It also does not cover any purchase through a 3rd party, such a paypal etc. It needs to be billed to the card holder and not anyone else.... Does not cover company purchases.

More holes in CCA than a good pair of fishnet stockings Rolling Eyes

Well if HG are going to the wall.....

Better get down there quick and batter then down on goods in stock Thumbs Up

Codemonkey
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:43 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the NEC show last year, I got some cheap Arlen Ness leathers from Hein Gericke. At the time they gave me a voucher worth £20 and signed me up to a loyalty card thing which gave me another £6 or so credit. Only thing I needed now was a nice funky pair of boots to go with them since the one's I have now are really for use with textiles.

Had to go to Notts today (I live in Chesterfield) so figured I'd pop in to HG to go have a look at the boots (£20 voucher was valid from 1st Feb onwards, how convenient ). Ended up getting a pair of Alpinestars SMX-5 WP boots in black.

https://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/alpinestars-smx-5-wp-stiefel-schwarz.html

They had another 15% off at the moment so with the voucher and loyalty card thing I got them for £143.98, then he also chucked in a couple of large bottles of Muc-Off worth £6.99 each for free and another voucher worth £10, result!

https://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/muc-off-nano-tech-motorrad-totalreiniger.html

Needless to say, despite hating driving in nottingham with a passion, I'll be going back there next time I need clothing related stuff (got my helmet, gloves & other boots - HG own brand gortex boots which have kept my feet warm & dry for 18 months now - from there originally as well).

If they were so close to going under, would they be giving stuff away despite me already being happy with the deal and having already handed over the cash when he gave me the Muc-Off & voucher ? I doubt it!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
You’ve written that as a statement of fact, even if you did put a question mark on the end of it, it does not make it a question!

Are you thick? I know thats a statement, it's obvious enough that you live near a few Hein Gerickes because of your position on the user map. I have never claimed that having a sentence on either side makes that a question, it doesn't. Only the bits with question marks are questions.

Bottom line is instead of phoning HG to find out where your order was you went on the interwebs and asked if they were going bankrupt, just doesn't make sense unless you are thick.

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people just HAVE to argue!
They just HAVE to be right!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeseybeaner wrote:
Some people just HAVE to argue!
They just HAVE to be right!

Razz

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:37 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Interestingly OP lives within easy distance of 4 HG's so no need to mail order stuff.

Note the lack of a question mark.

Denali wrote:
Reason I ordered online is that it's actually multiple items (so very unlikely in stock at any one store locally) and hey it's 2012, online shopping is quite popular apparently! Also when I became aware of the offer I didn’t have time to get to a shop as I wasn’t even in London at this point!

Denali wrote:
So yes there was a need to order online! If that’s ok Smile Never assume with only limited knowledge of the facts!

sickpup wrote:
I didn't assume I questioned. You can tell this by the question marks, they're a bit of a give away.

Denali wrote:

sickpup wrote:
the sentence before and the sentence after both had question marks.

Denali wrote:
love the argument that if you have question marks on the sentences either side of another sentence without a question mark, then it (the middle sentence) somehow gains a question mark by virtue of it’s proximity to the sentences with question marks next to it!!!

sickpup wrote:
I have never claimed that having a sentence on either side makes that a question, it doesn't. Only the bits with question marks are questions.

Er, right just to get this straight... so you weren't questioning after all you were assuming? Wink

sickpup wrote:
Bottom line is instead of phoning HG to find out where your order was

Brilliant. Another assumption! How do you do it?!!??!

But thank you, I'm crying with laughter here Laughing

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 00:52 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding your assumptions and inability to understand written English quite amusing, please continue. Thumbs Up

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:12 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Thumbs Up

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:40 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
Damn... Rumbled.

Yes I registered 3 & 1/3 years ago, went dark, to then resurface and post a mild query about a retailer. It's a huge complex conspiracy up there with the moon landings, Diana and 9/11 Wink

Reason I ordered online is that it's actually multiple items (so very unlikely in stock at any one store locally) and hey it's 2012, online shopping is quite popular apparently! And usually convenient when they are in stock as a retailer claims and delivered in a timely manner. Also when I became aware of the offer I didn’t have time to get to a shop as I wasn’t even in London at this point!

The reason not cancelled is – and as people have said normally HG a bit pricey but this was very good offer – I was getting over 50% off the RRP of the order.

So my query was just given the number of retailers / suppliers going to the wall generally I was interested to know if any one else was experiencing issues with HG. And note I do actually like HG!

Or am I secretly trying to bring retailers down… after HG, next I’m off to register on a supermarket forum, I’ll then give it 3 years and comment that Tesco doesn’t have my favourite marmalade in stock, and surely must be a sign that they are in trouble. MWAHHHH
Laughing I like this guy. Thumbs Up

Oldie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:57 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried calling to check on my order - they give you 0800 165165 to call if you have any queries about your purchases.

Answer - "This mailbox is unavailable" Shocked

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 02 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hein gericke have an eBay store too.

They are good, if you have damaged goods, they have a very good returns policy. I believe a jacket my ex boss had was over 7 months old and the stitching started to go, and they replaced it. With policies like that, no wonder they go bust eventually.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8