Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Carb setup

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:06 - 30 Mar 2012    Post subject: Carb setup Reply with quote

Hey,

Carbs are one thing I've never really touched.

I've heard about moving the needle up one notch and stuff, I have no idea what that means.

I'm going to try and setup a 26mm carb for my road pit and I'd just like a breakdown of what will need adjusting when I fit it. Clueless carb person Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Reid
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 30 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

One "notch" is usually in relation to dynojet (or similar) kits with adjustable height. Top needle in the pic below is stock Mikuni, the other two are from Dynojet and Factory Pro respectively.

https://s93420228.onlinehome.us/fzr/carbs/DSCF0266.JPG
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 30 Mar 2012    Post subject: Re: Carb setup Reply with quote

The needle is just one part of the equation.

I believe this should be appropriate for your carb:
https://mikoarts.com/images/KZ1000/Carb_Part_Work_Diagram.jpg

Presume it's not a CV carb for a pit bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:19 - 30 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

That throttle marking thing sounds like a good idea... I'll definitely have to do that.

I assume if it bogs you need to adjust the jetting? What exactly does the mix screw do, is it purely an idle mix screw or does it affect the whole range?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 40.5 Kb