Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone GP circuit 12th october ?119 few places left

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
 View related event: SILVERSTONE trackday (12 Oct) View previous topic : View next topic  

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:22 - 04 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to know if any of you want to camp in my field, it is 5 mins from the track and I'll put a BBQ on if there is a few of you. I have a secure lock up for about 10 bikes and a shot gun Smile

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 11:39 - 09 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838
Crying or Very sad
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just heard Bendy and Jay have hit the BCF curse and dropped there bikes. Shocked

No major damage and everyone is unhurt. Thumbs Up

I'm sure they will be telling their stories on return.

/swaffs gets nervous about his first trackday this Saturday now !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:43 - 12 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was different to say the least...... first session, first lap after sighting laps, I come around the third turn to see a capsized bendy looking pretty miserable, once all the mud was removed it soon came very apparent why crash mushrooms are a must for everyone. Jay12329 also had a bit of a tumble but the crash mushrooms once again saved the day!!
It rained quite a bit most of the day and I lost count the amount of crashes, it just seamed like we were always waiting for the track to be cleared and to be honest I can see why most happened it was so damn slippy, I am quite a carefull rider but even I had quite a few 'special moments' it just seamed every time you used any kind of throttle mid bend you lost grip and started to slide about, I even stayed in the last 2 sessions with a fear of spilling it.
Maurice was finding some grip..... little bugger was flying round, don't know about Korn and G as they were in the quick group but from the pit wall they looked pretty nippy!!

All in all still a very good day out, even if it was a bit wet Sad

I have a few pics but not brilliant quality...

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:43 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, would like to say a big Thumbs Up to gsxrboy. Not only were we fed us with lots of meat and beer at his birthday party, but he put us up, providing us with beds etc, when the initial invitaion was only for the use of a field. Top bloke.
His friends, who's names I've forgotten, those that I had been told, all seem cool as well Thumbs Up.

Concise review:
Got new wets, because I wasn't 100% sure of the old ones I had. Missed the initial session which was 3 siting laps only. Was a bit worried that I'd be slow, but this turned out to be unfounded as I was definitely faster than the average out there; going past a lot more than those coming past me, that's including loads of others on wets as well.

I was getting a bit worried that the track was going to dry out (only had one rear wheel), but luckily for me (not for the others) it stayed wet. Gave Korn my old wets, which I'm guessing still had some life left in them as he was apparantly going quite well.

In the afternoon I found even less people overtaking me, which was disapointing, as I was able to get past most of the other bikes without pushing it too much, so didn't ever really start to get anywhere near the limits as I didn't quite have the incentive to properly push it.

I did manage to forget about that corner in the middle of the complex again... accelerated for hanger straight, rather than considering the left-right-left that is before it. Gravel seemed a bit worse this time, probably because I went into it a bit slower. Got a lot of wheel spin and had to restart the bike a few times. By the time I had got out the session had been red flagged for another incident, so made my way back to the pits after informing gthe marshal I hadn't come off.

One GSXR1000 did come past at a damn decent speed, but by the time I considered trying to give it that extra few % he was around the next few corners; way, way faster than me.
In the second session after lunch 2 bikes came past me on hanger straight. Managed to get past one, but the other had buggered off. Was a bit disapointed when I looked back and the one I had got past wasn't trying to get past again.
Apparantly Korn had been catching up with me and we went out together in the next session. Looking forward to a bit of competition I was a bit more enthusiastic on the first lap; got about a third of the way around the corner and the bike jumps into a false neutral. Nock it up a gear, still no drive. Move about the gear box a bit, still nowt. Bugger.
Got off the track and watched the rest of the session standing on some tyres.

Turns out the sprocket had come off the spline. A bit worrying as it should have a locking washer; seems the previous owner may have neglected to replace the nut and washer.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 13:22 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah gotta say a big thanks to Alex (gsxrboy) for putting us up (in proper beds Shocked) very close to the track. Very appreciative for the top hospitality, he's a top bloke.

Even though it was quite wet I really enjoyed it, especially as it lessened the power defecit of my bike on the straights.

Rather unpleasant start though when I saw Bendy crash from the best seat in the house, just behind her. She seemed to go down pretty hard which was a bit worrying but luckily she was ok. It didn't look like your average low-side; I've seen bikes with more lean-angle on the side-stand Confused

Anyway was a good day, I liked the track, probably do one again next Spring.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2