BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Before my CBT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:08 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Before my CBT Reply with quote

Hello all, this is my first post, after reading the rules im hoping this is in the right section ive seen other people with things like this in this section. Anyways to my point!

I am awaiting the day for my cbt to arrive nov 27th, i live in a quiet area with the odd pedestrian, i want to practise riding but as i have no cbt and still 15 ect i cannot legally. I can already pull away fine and change through gears but i want to practise a little what its like riding on the roads around my estate( no main roads or busy roads) i was just wondering what would happen if i get caught by police. I have a suzuki ts 50 which is very very quiet and i am quite safe on a bike i can control it stop at my desired distance. Do you think its worth the risk to get in that little extra practise or i should wait till the day? Are there any areas like car parks which police dont generally worry about you riding in?

Also... a while ago my sister knocked over my bike, there was no cosmetic damage but it seems ot have ALOT of trouble starting, its taking alot of kicks to get started and when it does the fumes coming out of the exhaust are almost white like steam, my friend thinks the float in the carberetor might be stuck any ideas. thanks!! Very Happy Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:22 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get caught you'll get done for no license and no insurance, you'l be banned before you've even got your license. No I do not consider it worth it, they really won't care how safe you consider yourself to be, and neither will anyone else.

The only places you can legally ride it is on private land with the land owners permission, if you go and start riding it in Tescos carpark on a Sunday then there is a good chance that you'll piss security off and they'll call the cops and then you'll be fucked.

Novermeber 27th isn't a long wait, but a big ban is a long wait, and a big fine will take lots of time to earn enough money to pay it.

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:54 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i do think its a little risky, my sister road around the estate a few days before her cbt. ill probly do that just to get a little bit of practise, i guess im just going to have to wait Sad thanks for the advice much appreciated.

RooRoo
Anal Intruder

PostPosted: 16:20 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont need to practice for a cbt, the whole point of a cbt IS practice, it doesn't need practicing for!

pipnet11
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:10 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with RooRoo. The idea of a CBT is to get people who have never even sat on a bike/scooter before to be safe enough to ride on the road. Getting banned before you even get a licence is a bit daft and totaly pointless.

Phill
I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:58 - 19 Oct 2004    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

yeah i think your right, i know it wont be worth it thanks for your advice, very helpful! much appreciated

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:12 - 20 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the others about not risking riding on the road. My stepson did exactly that, and sure enough he got caught & banned. he will be nearly 18 before he gets his license back now as he then did it again after his first ban! Being done for riding without insurance is also a no-no, as the insurance companies will hike up your premiums for that one to silly levels when you do get back on the road.

Disagree with Ste about the car park though. I learned to ride on my local Asda car park, BUT we trailered the bike up there, the car park was closed to the public at the time (it got closed off after the local car "cruisers" started to meet there) and we spoke to the security first who were Ok about it. Might be an idea to take your mum/dad/older mate with you if you're going to try this.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1