Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Passed test today and de-restricted this afternoon, my story

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:13 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Passed test today and de-restricted this afternoon, my story Reply with quote

And now i know why you said it needs to be done.

Took off exhaust first, found restriction, took me about 2 hrs and 4 drill bits to get rid of it, felt so proud once I had it though. Exhaust sysem was a bugger to put back on. Took the bike for a spin and I was v-impressed. Same as before untill i reached about 7-8000 rpm. Bang it just accellerated and accellerated. Soo much fun, It gave off all those endorphins like i was on an e. Really good. Got back at 6pm.

I then followed the instructions for the rest of the de-restriction, (the plate part) which i successfully completed. Only problem I had was getting at the rubber tube behind the carb. I couldnt hinge up the plastic cover with the servo motor attached to it because all the wiring of the bike was too dense and wouldnt move out of the way. Got through it in the end.

I then took it for a night spin, it was about 10pm then, up on to the A11 towards newmarket.

I have to say that the difference I found between only having the exhaust de-restricted and having the plate removed as well, was not that great. It didnt add that much more to the woomph at 7000rpm+ . Perhaps I just cant tell and it is making a big difference.

Ill have to get a pic of my bike posted up on the website.

Well its been an eventfull day, i am really tired, 11.10pm now and i am off to play some rock n roll racing.

Thanks for the guide
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 08:42 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the Test mate! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 09:05 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate...happy biking Very Happy

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 09:33 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent glad it worked out without any lil glitch's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 09:35 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHHHHHHHHHHORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY

Well Done!!!!!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:38 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one,

Should we assume your bike is a UK model then?

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:49 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think it is a UK model, i got it from a garage that takes in bikes that have been claimed on for insurance rite offs (called Riders Motorcycles, near peterborough). I think it had been dropped on either side once or twice.

Well I had some excellent fun last night, I think I might go to Royston today

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:05 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... in your other post you mentioned it had a top speed of 82 so I assumed it was a derestricted import of some kind... and thus suggesting you get a new bike to go faster Smile.

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:11 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right, it must have been just a bog standard restricted bike, it did do 82 though, just

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:23 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they *usually* only did around 75.. but I don't recall ever having ridden a fox eye model NSR.

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G when my bike was restricted i could do 85 flat about 90 on a slope now ive done the exhaust ive just had under 100 but te lower acceleration is much better but im bored already need more speed! I tried to do the carb yesturday but found the petrol pipe was too tough to get off so i gave up ill have to do it when i have a empty day!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:29 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

err.... If you're getting just under a 100 the probability is there's no more restrictions.

And I know the feeling... I got bored off the power on pretty much all my bikes within a month Confused Smile

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 12:47 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just the way logic works, you get something fast, and you always want faster.... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
err.... If you're getting just under a 100 the probability is there's no more restrictions.

And I know the feeling... I got bored off the power on pretty much all my bikes within a month Confused Smile

Is there anyway of checking if the carb is restircted without taking it too bits?
Me wants 600 now not a year away Sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:53 - 13 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The carbs actually not very hard to look at... you only need to have it off as you would for taking hte intake restrictor out. Turn the throttle to fully open and make sure the carb opens fully as well.

This would probably stop the bike redlining, well under normal riding conditions anyway.

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:37 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i am allready finding that the bike is a little slow in the lower revs.
Sad. Really wanting somthing with a bit more punch.

Just to think yesterday I was going mad about the new burst of speed I had just got.

Went out on a picture and video spree yesterday with me and my friends digital camera. Should have some if me overtaking his 306 XS oh and a train! No stunts as of yet

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:15 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>yeah, i am allready finding that the bike is a little slow in the lower revs. <<

Clutch? Very Happy... they should cost bugger all to replace on a 125 anyway Smile

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Iain, I also got my bike from Rider's Motorcycles in Peterborough.

How much did you pay??? I paid £1500 for mine and needed to spend £300 to get it looking brand new. Then derestricted it and blew it up all by myself Laughing

By the way, it's a 2001 model on a Y plate, had 1400 miles on when I bought it. You are indeed correct about Rider's Motorcycles buying insurance claimed bikes, it's very good how they do it. My particular bike was owned by some rich bastard who had a 5mph spill, and then daddy bought him a new one cos he didn't like the 2 inch scrape on the R/H side fairing sticker (cost me £5 to replace Laughing).

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:18 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAY MATE!!!
please tell me how you managed to move the plastic tray
i pulled mine to bits last time and removing the tray was imposible
i know the servo motor is clipped onto the tray along with the wires and those damn plastic poles are hard as hell to put back into the rubber holes
can you tell me how you removed the plactic tray????? im taking mine to bits tomrrow to try again.......
thanks!

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:02 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £2295, it had been dropped on both sides with damage to both fairings. 3k on clock. I got out a soldering iron and melted the inside of the fairings cracks and sanded the outer surface and used enamel paint on it. To finish I geve it a gloss. Looks quite good now. No damage to main body and engin runs well.

I didnt remove the plastic tray. I just unclipped all the wires and significantly bent the plastic back while trying to reach underneath it. I dont think I did any damage to the wiring, (i hope)

Iain

ps. Still looking for some other 125s to ride with. Joined nottinghamshire group but not been added Sad

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:03 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, scooby your in charge of that arent you. What you riding scooby?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:41 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Iain I have added you to the Nottinghamshire group Very Happy

Currently I am the owner of the 2001 model NSR I mentioned above, fully derestricted. This however does not mean I am riding it lol Laughing I siezed it going about 95mph Confused Not good.

Getting it fixed and sold mate, then I am getting a ZXR/CBR/NC30, probably the ZXR though as for some reason insurance on the CBR and NC30 seems a couple of hundred quid more Confused

When i've got my new bike we'll have to meet up dude, maybe go to a few bike meets near Keith/Anna/Dodd/Colin/Stew/Nige/M/Zak...

Wulfy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my NSR from rider motorcycles as well! I got one with 500 miles on the clock for £2595, I went to check it out and yours was next to mine Iain Very Happy I love the bike but I'm certainly glad I didn't pay 3 grand + for it Twisted Evil

If theres a get-together I'm up for it, billy no-friends me ain't got no biker chums to go cruising with Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1