BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Failed my CBT, please help!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nicola
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:00 - 13 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would relax and try not to worry, I would also change the school, being taken the piss out of for not mastering something completly new is not on. Stick with it and you'll be belting about in no time.

You have all the time in the world to learn and pass so dont stress yourself too much, I'm sure alot of us were the same when we lerned Very Happy

Good Luck

Nicola
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BorderHooner
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:24 - 13 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see this thread was started in august, have you got your certificate yet?
supermase This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:00 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosfandango wrote:
i see this thread was started in august, have you got your certificate yet?

Yeah, I'm surprised its still going, normally posts on here have pretty short shelf life. Anyway I've booked another one for next Saturday and the bloke was really helpful on the phone, so hopefully all will go well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

practice clutch control

keep everything nice and smooth

and try not to rush things

pulling away from lights,junctions onto roundabouts e.t.c

if you stall dont panic

pull in the clutch keep it held in and start up the bike again

dont feel pressured by cars behind you

you will be fine mate
paulodd This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating. Unhide this post / all posts.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 24 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who fails their CBT isn't allowed on the road until they pass their CBT. Isn't that enough for you? I don't know how long you've been riding, but the CBT isn't as easy as some people make out. If you've been riding offroad since you were 12, and do it on a 50cc scooter, it's not going to be very difficult at all, but learning how to ride a geared bike in a few hours isn't the easiest thing in the world.

As much as anything else, the CBT is only basic training. If they pass it, it means the instructor thinks they are not a danger to themselves or anyone else. It doesn't mean they can ride like Rossi or anything. A single day's experience does not a skilled motorcyclist make.

paulyzf600
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:56 - 24 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found learning to ride a bike pretty hard, the CBT was my first time on a bike never mind a geared bike. It went ok but slow riding was no good and when they take you on the roads it's not as if you actually have much time to get used to the way the bike works.
I've been a driver for 5 years and know the road rules well but when I started riding it was as if I started all over with road rules and everything!
Having said that I went on and had six 3 hour lessons on a kawasaki ER-5 and have passed my DAS test two weeks ago.
The best thing my instructor made me do was for 45 mins every lesson do slow riding around his unit doing a U-turn every time we turned around. the aim was to ride slower than walking pase. this gave me brilliant clutch control thus giving good machine control.

The first thing he said to me was any idiot can ride a bike fast but it takes skill to ride them slowly which is true, having said that I have tried to u-turn a sports bike and it's not gonig to happen as easy as the ER-5...lol

haGGard
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:59 - 24 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failed my CBT. The instructer was acting like he was taking the piss constantly. When we were on the road he was making me very nervous about doing stuff. Also we at a roundabout, my instructor said down the microphone "go" so i went, then he started screwing, saying that i just ran a red light!

I had to come back for a second day.

I dont get it...why did he tell me to go through a red light?

Also, wtf are there traffic lights doing on a small roundabout?!?!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4