15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
No, I want to be relaxed when I get shunted hard up the arse
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:14 - 22 Sep 2012    Post subject: Mirrors, yes or no? Reply with quote

Having just switched my bar end mirrors from the pushbike to the GPZ, I had to order some more straight away. It does my head in not being able to see traffic coming from behind, even though there's not very much that I can do about it, and you have to lifesaver anyway before changing lanes.

Anyone else have strong feelings pro or con? Have at it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:20 - 22 Sep 2012    Post subject: Re: Mirrors, yes or no? Reply with quote

Having been making an effort to round around to burn some calories I have been tempted to get some for the faster stuff - not so worried about turning around in town, but 35mph on a steep hill and the lack of stability worries me more.

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 22 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

For commuting I always thought one dropped off the bottom of the right bar would be really useful.

For stuff in the countryside I don't really need them - you can hear stuff coming up behind you. I generally stay away from anything but really minor roads anyway.

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 22 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, although I hate helmets and never wear one (in fact, on three separate occasions of late other cyclists have randomly given lectures and tried to tell me to get one, WTF?) mirrors are something I really miss on a push bike. Quite intrigued by idea behind the tiny little beasties that stick to the lens of your glasses.

steven_191
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:53 - 19 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find myself looking down to my hands expecting to see a mirror but there isnt one. I do regular checks though so I mostly know whats going on. thats a habit from riding the motorbike though which can only be a good thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1