BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The damage

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 18:38 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: The damage Reply with quote

Well for those of you who havn't seen it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the pic, fairings looks as if can be plastic welded, about £30 for the welding and £30 for the spraying, just bend the h frame back, and when i came off i smashed my clocks to bits even the internals, a guy from pyramid plastics rebuilt them and the internals for £50 i'll find his email for you.

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 19:34 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only about £30 for a respray? Wow, i thought it was gonna be like £200. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

Street fighter it for winter you know it makes sense Wink

Shouldnt cost that much to repair, probably be able to do most of that your self mate, and some ebaying Thumbs Up

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just let her insurance do it all? Razz Smile

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 21 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zxr400er wrote:
It's only about £30 for a respray? Wow, i thought it was gonna be like £200. Confused

My mate got his whole car sprayed for £200, £30 would include the prepping and the actualy painting too.

MickyBoi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:47 - 30 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zxr400er wrote:

I just paid £300 for nose fairing, tank and seat surround to be done. WITH stickers Smile

CBRPETER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:34 - 01 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah damage not that bad, then again any damage is bad damage. What speed did you hit them?

DynaMight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 01 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt look to bad, Maybe worth checking out Ebay first before spending money on getting it repaired.

It isnt even that difficult to plastic weld fairings yourself with just a soldering iron and some sand paper, I did mine. Just remove ALL paint around the area (front and back!) then melt the 2 sides together (25w> soldering iron would be needed, Nothing too hot else it may warp it) Some doner plastic would be good so you can overfill it then sand it back to give a smooth finish, You need to make sure it's hot enough to properly melt back together but not too hot to totally warp it. Mine was in 3 pieces are I removed it from the bike but went back together pretty easily Smile

https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/185090/ <-- Before
https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/205338/ <-- After

I did buy another one in the end because it was cheaper than getting the crashed one resprayed and it was totally mint! I love ebay Smile

As for the metal, Just bend them back Smile

Jrod
Page 3 Girl

PostPosted: 00:59 - 03 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairings repaired now, I welded it myself. I will get a pic of it up here tomorrow if I get a chance. Need a screen and screen brace now.

I only hit her at about 20, It doesnt take much. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1