View previous topic : View next topic  

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:24 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prob Cuz Korn just doesn't tell us:D

young_on_old
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im 18 next week and im lookin at gettin a vfr next yr, i dont think the insurance will kill me but it will be kinda steep
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:31 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 19 a 600 would only be £200 more expensive. Shouldn't be pating more than £1300

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:34 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

insurance for me on a 6 over a 4 is a grand total of........

50 quid.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 11:41 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me is stoping to his nsr till he can claim about 2yrs ncb, maybe even 3.
only another year to go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:42 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sticking with mine till i get 1yrs and a licence then it's thundercat city for me!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:43 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bandit 6 should be less than 400 sports bikes for companies using NU groups, and a Fazer/Hornet about the same, both I'd choose over a sports 4, unless it was just a weekend toy.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:44 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

then you'd get a gixer thou Razz

but only if someone twisted your arm right? Smile

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 11:45 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

insurence is just a laugh at our age anyway.
Thats the whole reason i started into motorbiking.
I got a few quotes for cars, and it ended up being like 2/3 my wages going on insurence b4 i even put fuel into the damn thing. let alone all the general maitence.

Then i saw the light! ...An it was on two wheels Shocked Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 11:51 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
then you'd get a gixer thou Razz

but only if someone twisted your arm right? Smile

...twisted his arm AND gave him £6k...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 11:55 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah he told me the other day he has a plan to use his flat mate as an organ donor and fund the bike off the proceeds.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:06 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I can get a reasonable damaged repairable ar around £4000 (I have seen *one* at theat price) then it'll be mine.

I probably could spend £6k (assuming selling the zx at a not too bad price) on a GSXR1000... it's just that I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much because every time I did a stoppie etc I'd be thinking about how much money I could lose.
However I've still got a while to convince myself that there's nowhere you can really go from a GSXR1000, so if I stack it won't matter because I won't be selling it anyway Smile.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:00 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen one on biketrader for £4000 and one on adtrader for £5000
/me gets hopes up again Smile...
now I wonder if I can actually get insured on one Confused

zaknafien

PostPosted: 13:44 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stole this from TWO's forum and thought it was relevant.

Quote:
I started on a 600, it scared me shitless, so I treated it with a load of respect.
Had I got on a 125 or even a 250, I would have been wringing it's neck within 2 months, then I would have jumped on my 748, twisted the throttle, and catapulted my self into oblivion.
INHO, starting on a bigger bike may even be better if you treat it with respect.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:57 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
i also have no insurance at the moment but im not riding my storm yet Wink Wink

Looks like you're walking home from work today then Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yea Dru....and thats one hell of a CityFly in your front garden Wink

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:07 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally I would stick to the 125 for a while. 125's are fun, and although larger bikes are (substantially) quicker, it is more performance that you spend alot of time not being able to use. With the 125s you can take them flat out fairly often, with a 600 you have to be alot more careful about choosing where you try it. Personally 100 on a 125 is fun, and a minor achievment. 100 on the Bimota is just boring (mmm, another 3 gears to go), while 100 on the unfaired Bandit is just uncomfortable.

Yes, I have larger bikes, but I still like riding the little 125s when I feel like it. To be honest I passed my test and bought a 400 Superdream (Superslug / Wetdream / etc), which went the way of Honda camchains so I landed up riding my old 125 for a while until the 400 was repaired. Decided I liked the 125s and sold the 400, buying an Aprilia AF1.

As to doing lots of miles, I used to live in Nottingham. For the first 3 months there I was staying in a hotel and rode back to visit friends and relatives almost every weekend in Winchester. That is 150 miles each way on an MBX125. OK, not using motorways but 50 miles of that was the A34 up to Oxford. Sure for such journeys a bigger bike might be better, but a 125 is quite capable of it (oh, and as an aside, my best time from Mansfield to Winchester was on an Aprilia AF1 Sintesi, as it was comfy, had a large fuel tank, and all in all was happily capable of sitting at over 80 for a couple of hours).

The other problem is that any larger bike you buy you will drop. Is there anyone on here who hasnt dropped a larger bike? The weight will catch you out, combined with the physical bulk of the bike. Unfaired bikes are a tad more sensible, even if you just buy a cheap large engined clunker for 6 months before moving onto what you really want.

Sorry to sound all sensible

All the best

Keith

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 22:14 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the honest sound advice
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 08:52 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gently lowered the RF in mud at BdB:D Watched G try to come help me only to see his ZX6 about to fall over Very Happy. Never dropped any bike on the road though

zaknafien

PostPosted: 10:42 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

that one was funny

"Umm a little help!"
*G starts to move towards dean then notices his bike going*

not as funny as zims little incident with the mud on the way to the toilets though Razz

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 10:58 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, you were the only witness of that one, Zak Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3