Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike for under 300?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Trasler
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:18 - 18 Dec 2012    Post subject: Bike for under 300? Reply with quote

Am i dreaming if i think i can get a road bike for under £300?

I'm not paying more then that really. I'm of the school that don't believe in paying £500+ for a bicycle.

I used to have a hybrid. A Carrera Subway, quite an old one, had it since i was about 11. It's in the cellar, rusted to bits now, i was thinking about restoring it, but i don't see the point as i'm probably too big, if i get some time i'll drag it out.

I just wanna cheapish, durable, all weather bike to get me to college and back.
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:02 - 18 Dec 2012    Post subject: Re: Bike for under 300? Reply with quote

Or go secondhand and you'll open up quite a few more options.

Also, still some previous-year models on sale.
A tad over budget, but a quick look on the common sites comes up with: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=91757
Unfortunately most of the good deals on 2012 bikes are gone now.

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 18 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
Triban 3

Wonder how many times this bike is going to get posted in these threads Laughing

+1. A lot of bike for the money and rave reviews for the price point.
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:39 - 22 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
Triban 3

Wonder how many times this bike is going to get posted in these threads Laughing

I bought a different decathlon road bike a few years ago, and it's been pretty good. I'd agree that money will probably go further on a second hand bike, but I probably wouldnt know what I was buying. I bought another bike second hand and it needed a bit of work to have it in full working order. I dont think you can go wrong with Decathlon.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:18 - 22 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

as luck would ahve it you can have best of btoh wolds and get the triban 3 off ebay £200 at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BTwin-Triban-3-Racing-Bike-with-Carbon-Forks-and-eyes-for-Mudguards-Excellent-/350673463022?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item51a5c466ee

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 01:57 - 31 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youve not already bought a bike the Carrera currently advertised on tv at Halfords is probably the best about for that money unless you go second hand or find an NOS (new old stock) deal at a smaller/independant bike shop on something a few years older.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1