Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

aprilia forks .. keith??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

conpants
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:19 - 19 Nov 2004    Post subject: aprilia forks .. keith?? Reply with quote

as you know i got an aprilia af1 50,

in error i bought some af1 125 forks (as mine are all pitted)

however these forks i bought are the right length but there width is different also they are upside down forks (i think the ones on the 50 are too, but these are very different)

what im asking is, would there be a way of fitting these forks
https://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/c7/c5/59_1_b.JPG

to my af1 50??

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:35 - 19 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Err, I have seen a pair bodged onto an RS50 (indeed, in Leeds where I bought some bits and I suspect you won the forks from the same guy on Ebay). Basically someone had bodged the AF1 forks and yokes into the RS50 frame, despite the steering head stem on to the 125 being about 5cm longer!

Do do the job properly would require either getting some new yokes made up (very expensive), or if you are lucky you could press out the stem from the 125 forks and press in the stem from the 50. You would also need the front wheel , wheel spindle, speedo drive, brake disk, brake caliper, mudguard, handlebars, etc, but could maybe use the wheel from the 50 with a lot of bodging.

You could do it but I really would not recommend it.

You can get the forks rechromed, but suspect the forks from an RS50 could be fitted. ABE (All Bike Engineering) might well do replacement fork tubes.

By the way, if these are the forks from Leeds (and the picture you posted is from that Ebay listing) then should you decide to sell them on then let me know as I saw they were in good condition.

All the best

Keith

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 21:19 - 19 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like keith says you can get your current ones rechromed or just buy new stanchions which I was quoted £55 per leg on a pair of USD forks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

conpants
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:39 - 20 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, they are no use to me, you are welcome to them .. yes they are from leeds .. pm me
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1