Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NSR derestriction

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: NSR derestriction Reply with quote

Just a quick question...
im taking my full test soon which will allow me to ride up to 33bhp etc...
i currently have a 2002 nsr 125, ive read the articles on the nsr125 home page about de-restricting the bike and can do all that myself, im just worried about the effect it will have on the engine... obviously doing 100mph on a 125 2 stroke will be revving the living daylights out of it? correct? and revving the living daylights out of a little bike is not a good idea? correct?
i just dont want to de-restrict it to get a bit more out of it, rather than getting a 400 which will be a touch expensive for me at the moment, and find it unbearably shakey or have to rev it realy hard and damage the engine ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:13 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the bike de-restricted is not going to damage it, the bike was designed and made full power and then had the restrictors put it to strangle it enough to be UK legal. As long as you don't sit on the red line in sixth gear for long periods of time then you're not going to do any damage.

If anything it is better for the bike than keeping it restricted.

neon
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:19 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

while on the topic (i know u always hear this and are probably sick of it but hear me out), how many basic restrictions are there on a UK NSR as i have a 2003 NSR, these are the basic 3 i know of:

Carb
CDI
Exhaust

is this all of the basic ones, i dont want to know any about and hard core modding like 150cc kits wotnot just the basic ones?

cheers Thumbs Up

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 16:25 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

carb inlet and exhaust on a uk model

cdi and exhaust on a import model, has also heard of some beeing fitted with float heaight restrictor. german models might also have a black box resistritor that limteds them to 51KPH (30MPH)
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

paul
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:17 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is an 02 nsr, french import, another restriction to look out for is in the wiring loom as I was told by a mechanic, he showed me that the power valve was working at low revs but when the revs increased it closed off, he says a 20 minute job.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not true . the only restriction is in the RC valves control box which not open the Valves fully (due to an unsufficient voltage provided to the servo and this can be rectifie), and the exhaust must be change by a race one (jollymoto is very good) and upjetting style 145 -45-70 will be recommanded .

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 23 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS i've put several posts on this forum about that , look further down

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:41 - 24 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPL_redbaron wrote:
german models might also have a black box resistritor that limteds them to 51KPH (30MPH)

80kmh / 50mph.

All the best

Keith

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 24 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

80kmh / 50mph.

All the best

Keith

Hrm, that's exactly what all these Chinese 4 strokes seem to able to do as well. I suppose hoping there is some kind of restriction which I can get around is a bit pie in the sky though. Smile I just put a larger front sprocket on it.

alains
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:38 - 24 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the adress of the docs :
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=31333
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1