Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trek marlin...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 29 Mar 2013    Post subject: Trek marlin... Reply with quote

I now have one...

5km for my first ride and now I'm enjoying a nice sit down. I remember when I was fit!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 29 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time out on my voodoo hoodoo today in the local woods and i thought my heart was about to explode....but now home and feel much much better. Might go to chicksands bike park on sunday... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 14 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What other 29ers are in that sort of price point. Do all the gary fisher Trek 29ers have the same frame i.e. the wahoo -> mamba? I'd really want the hydraulic brakes for the downhill sections of the trails near my bit.

Although the voodoo bizango does look nice!

https://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/voodoo-bizango-and-aizan-first-look-36650/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 15 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tot wrote:
What other 29ers are in that sort of price point. Do all the gary fisher Trek 29ers have the same frame i.e. the wahoo -> mamba? I'd really want the hydraulic brakes for the downhill sections of the trails near my bit.

Although the voodoo bizango does look nice!

https://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/voodoo-bizango-and-aizan-first-look-36650/

I have almost no idea, I'm a complete noob as far as bike tech goes. I didn't even know what a 29er was before I went in the shop, all I knew was that I wanted a bike for road riding and a bit of downhill fun. I did see the rest of the trek 29er range and the frames were identical, it was just the other bits that changed the prices.

hazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 15 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind you can get better spec 26 er Mountain bikes for the price of a 29 er. Make sense if you are huge though!
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 15 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went to my LBS when I was looking for my cycle to work bike last year. It was a choice between the Marin and the 4300. I went with the 4300 because i felt that it fitted me better and that the componentry was better spec'd compared to the Marin - hydraulic disks instead of cable etc. Now that I'm getting more confident on the trails, I'd want something that'll demolish roots and ruts better. Saying that, 26-ers are more nimble though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1