Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY FOOK ALL Exclamation

dodgydog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dug my way through to it first, then replaced all the rusty engine bolts with nice shiny stainless ones.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the rebuilt caliper back on the rear of the ZX7R with some new pads. Decided to leave bleeding it for another day because it's too bloody cold!

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had at the new clutch cable... Can't get the old one out because some dick has put a helicoil in the clutch lever mount so you can't get the cable through without cutting it off, I have NO idea how or why they have done this, when i've bought a new clutch lever mount for a mere £6 off ebay, compared to the price of a helicoil kit

https://s15.postimg.org/tahycctbu/IMG_20130325_00139.jpg
fail blurry picture

anyway mount should be here tomorrow or the next day so will sort that... Had fun cleaning all the shit out of the front sprocket cover/clutch basket whatever it's called

Also learned how the clutch cable works, I see!
Is indeed cold, I wrapped a scarf around my waist and was much warmer, i'm thinking of selling them and giving them a silly name like Warfs or Snoofs, they'll sell like wildfire I tell you

thought i'd try and start her up too....wasn't having much of it even with the easy start.

What's your problem dick bike?
Just wanna get it running and flog it really

Last edited by Alpha-9 on 16:45 - 25 Mar 2013; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done it yet but tomorrow got to take the back wheel apart and sort out the rear brake damn lever is sticking down.

Causing me to do 30mph on the A road .. was fine on the way out today though Thinking

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:01 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:

Is indeed cold, I wrapped a scarf around my waist and was much warmer, i'm thinking of selling them and giving them a silly name like Warfs or Snoofs, they'll sell like wildfire I tell you

You could call it a kidney belt and sell them to motorcyclists.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:01 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
Haven't done it yet but tomorrow got to take the back wheel apart and sort out the rear brake damn lever is sticking down.

Causing me to do 30mph on the A road .. was fine on the way out today though Thinking

Protip.

When that happens. Stop, move it back by hand then try not to use it again until you get home.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Alpha-9 wrote:

You could call it a kidney belt and sell them to motorcyclists.

Laughing
Darn another genius idea foiled by those pesky time travellers again!

my housemates CG was doing that, I rode it and he advised me "Don't use the brakes"
Wait what?!
"The back will lock on and the front is hanging off" Shocked

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
TheSmiler wrote:

Protip.

When that happens. Stop, move it back by hand then try not to use it again until you get home.

Thanks, I know I could of damaged the pads/arm but their was ice on the roads and only way of getting home safely (with my experience) was to use the back brake.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I wrote:
I purchased it, took it to bits and put it in a Nissan Micra. My other bikes where all ignored.

So yesterday it went from
https://i.ebayimg.com/t/yamaha-xt-350-trail-enduro-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/acUAAOxyQj9RTc0-/$T2eC16FHJGQE9noMZKQ6BRTc0-bTkQ~~60_12.JPG
to
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/Snapbucket/D4AD4C41.jpg
and today it went from that to this
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/Snapbucket/E07F5C40.jpg
and then to this
https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/Snapbucket/2EB16139.jpg

so in two days it's been taken apart, put in a car, taken out of a car (on my own, really fucking difficult) put together roughly then was being taken apart again.

Until I found out one of the footpeg brackets is welded to the frame so the rear brake lever is now unremovable... Fucking moron.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 18:15 - 25 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive spent the last cpl weeks

Ninja: Taking off the tank and getting rid of as much crud as possible and resealing the tank.

Honda: Taking of the tank and choke cable to stop the choke from sticking on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bled the rear brakes after fitting the rebuilt caliper.

Changed the clutch fluid because it is not supposed to look like this:

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/MattB70/IMG00141-20130326-1058_zpsc6d56a2f.jpg

fox
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:38 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig_H_94 wrote:
Gave it a bloody good clean followed by a good service:
Oil + filter, coolant, brake fluid, checked plugs and air filter, pretty much everything apart from valve clearances which are overdue but I don't have time and refuse to pay someone to do it, the bikes only got 17k on it so chances are they should be fine as most hornets don't need shimming till around 60k Shocked

First ever post by the way although I have been lingering around here for months

Wecome mate Thumbs Up

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a clean, and tried a couple of mounting points with the GoPro.

One of which was hilariously flappy. Laughing

fox
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:52 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im loving this thread so far. Great to see what you all have been up to while hiding in the shed from the better half! Laughing

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to get the front axle out and failed, da fuq
Then broke the shitty tack hammer

My block of wood for hammerin was all wet too, and once the spindle was inside and I couldnt hit it anymore I tried pulling the other end, was solid as fuck, got spanners around it and tried to yank it through and it wasn't having any of it

Then I realised my dinner was burning so stopped being arsed and went back inside

sprayed some plus gas on it and nommed

RyanTZR125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:19 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

This afternoon I looked lovingly at my bike, while putting a new tax disc on it, ready for its first legal ride to work tomorrow (passed CBT today)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Cyclingbiker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:28 - 26 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it Thumbs Up

Rewound generator attached and back in business. Had to replace the tail light bulb as well.

Mod 1 - Passed - 12/11/12 --- Mod 2 - Passed - 26/11/12

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:45 - 27 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I fitted two new shims and the bike fired-up first press of the button having changed carbs, cams and CDI.

I also fitted some handgrip heater elements and put the nose fairing back on.

I tried to balance the carbs but I simply can't reach the adjuster knobs without burning the back of my hand. It'll idle at 800rpm so it can't be too far out. I'll leave it for now and get the guy at the bike shop to do it, he has the £75, 90 degree bevel drive screwdriver that's the right tool for the job and a proper mercury vacuum guage. He also likes Honda V4s. He won't charge much if I take it in with the fairing centre panels already removed.

Hardest job of the day was getting the fairing front infill section back on.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:34 - 27 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I tried to balance the carbs but I simply can't reach the adjuster knobs without burning the back of my hand. It'll idle at 800rpm so it can't be too far out. I'll leave it for now and get the guy at the bike shop to do it, he has the £75, 90 degree bevel drive screwdriver that's the right tool for the job

I got something similar to the attached image from my local car shop for about £5-6, one of the handiest things I've ever bought to be honest

https://www.pretooling.com.au/media/products/172/images/off-set-screwdriver-512.jpg

Also, ya jammy git getting your bike to fire up first time after some engine work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:59 - 27 Mar 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:

I got something similar to the attached image from my local car shop for about £5-6, one of the handiest things I've ever bought to be honest

https://www.pretooling.com.au/media/products/172/images/off-set-screwdriver-512.jpg

Also, ya jammy git getting your bike to fire up first time after some engine work

Maybe I just did it right? They're all jobs I've done before, just not similtaneously.

I have one of those screwdrivers, the trouble is, 1) You need to hold the end still and 2) It's not a 90 degree bend.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave the FZ6 a wash and polish, realised that I haven't really cleaned it properly since Brighton last year. Came up nice and shiny.

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/MattB70/20130423_102804_zps2a184bfd.jpg

Also fitted some stubby levers. Ebay, just over £20 for the pair delivered rather slowly from Hong Kong. I was pleasantly surprised that they are actually quite nice quality and fit perfectly.

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/MattB70/20130423_102730_zps586c647a.jpg

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/MattB70/20130420_121346_zpse847fc24.jpg

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 23 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned some crap out of the front caliper on the cityfly for selling it, doing the rear drum brake later on

Cleaned out fan connector on hornet as it wasn't coming on, now does.

Adjusted rear brake light switch as it wasn't coming on every time, now does

Washed and polished the hornet, still looks scratty lol

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 23 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that looks ace.

Anyway, cleaned me com stars. Brushed and wiped chain, and oiled it. Checked tyre pressures (fine).

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

RyanTZR125
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:44 - 23 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over Sunday/Monday,
I replaced chain and sprockets, replaced front brake shoes and stripped and replaced fork oil seals, re flilled with nice new ATF.
Monday was mainly rebuilding it all back up and while I had the chrome front guard off, I treated the underside to a nice thick coat of under body seal, keep that nasty rust away.

Today she rode like a totally different bike, probably down to the fact one fork was almost empty of oil, before the strip down Rolling Eyes

Sadly that side is still leaking oil, the stanchion is to pitted I would guess, So I'll be doing that again at some point, either replacing the stanchions of getting jiggy with some Araldite
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 3 of 409