Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Jockey wheels, chain reaction cycles.com

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Jockey wheels, chain reaction cycles.com Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I took apart my derailleur and to my dismay found out that the metal bearing in the plastic jockey wheels fell out, oval plastic... well it doesn't really matter they're not too expensive to replace.

I have speed valve rims and they piss me off, I'm tempted to just buy new rims complete as mine are not true and the bearings have ridiculous play in them.

Is chain reaction any good for spares/service? or would you lot recommend else where?

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought off chain reaction last week, very good service.

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them in the past with no issues. Ordered a few sets of brake pads at about 5pm one evening not expecting them to be delivered in any rush and they arrived by 11am the next day.

They're a massive shop and generally have most stuff in stock. Some people have had bad experiences with them but then you always hear about a few bad experiences when a shop is a massive as they are.

Local bike shops don't like them as CRC can often sell stuff cheaper than a small shop can even buy it from suppliers for so if you're bothered about morals/ethics etc then go to your local (trusted) bike shop. If not then just order online!

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 16:03 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRC are awesome, or at least they were, the last that I used them. I've easily dropped a few grand there over the space of the four or so years that I was really big on my MTB/DH stuff, and have never been disappointed by them.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRC are awesome. No issues from me, even when Parcel Farce nicked one of my parcels.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:27 - 28 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper on ribble i think. Depends what bearings they are. Ceramic or bush.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush, looks like galvanized steel and the wheel is plastic, looks like dirt has gotten under the bush and caused excessive wear, the bike is about 8 years old or more, I'm not entirely sure.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
CRC are awesome. No issues from me, even when Parcel Farce nicked one of my parcels.

Same experience from me. I think cos CRC are in Potatoland, stuff gets lost while floating or flying to the mainland.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:24 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggle free delivery is faster than CRC.

pikey666
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:01 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

merlin cycles always have pretty hot deals if you are after road bike wheels, a good lbs should be able to drill the rims for schrader valves along with truing them and servicing the bearings and not charge you a fortune.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 29 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent a lot of money with ChainReaction. They're fucking amazing. NEVER had a problem with them.
I had a problem with an item not fitting so returned it with no troubles.
They're delivery is free and turns up pretty fooking quick.

Merlin are also good but have nothing on CRC.
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 04 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's no point replacing the jockey wheels as the spring in the rear Derailleur is weak and probably on it's way out, I noticed as I was changing gears going uphill that my chain was really loose and skipping teeth and there was no tension when pedaling backwards (not that I normally do that Laughing but was checking what was going on). When I got home I checked what was going on and the thing wasn't changing position through gears, there was a screw that changed the position of the unit so I tweaked that and gave it a little nudge and it seems ok, but if I push it forward, it takes a while to return compared to the other bikes in the garage.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1