Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen bike...//...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 16:50 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Stolen bike...//... Reply with quote

As some of you knew the other night when i was in the live chat bit.
That i got a text of my g/f saying that her dad had just got his bike stolen!
(Bandit 600)
Anywho, he found it today, about 7 miles away from the house.
A bit damaged or so he tells me. Says its gonna cost about £80 to fix it back up to what it was before it was stolen.
So if you dont call that a bit of luck i dunno what is!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:53 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Re: Stolen bike...//... Reply with quote

\o/

Some kids (I presume) tried to nick my klr, it had a broken clutch and a broken gear lever stuck in first at the time.
They managed to get it to a car park a coupla hundred metres away, which must've been fun for them carrying it/pushing it in first Smile

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:03 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can come and steal my nsr with no fairings/tank/indicators/gear oil
but they wont get very far
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they had a van they would Razz

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:16 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh doesnt take much really to steal an unoccupied bike.
especially with a van.
There are ways of preventing it.
But his bike was took from his locked garage!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:23 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's defiantley lucky... if they went to the effort of breaking into a locked garage you'd think they would have a plan to dispose of it.

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... that's a bastard! At least he got it back though.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 22:22 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh but he was mega pissed off though!

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet he was. I know I would be!! Li'l bastards. Evil or Very Mad

NSRboi
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:13 - 26 Sep 2002    Post subject: Stolen Bike Reply with quote

Ive been told its very easy to steel a trial bike (or a race replica bike like the NSR & RS125) cause they are so light weight and easy to lift into a van by a couple of geezers.

I bought one of those 1/2" hardened steel cables with a u-lock from busters accessories on the internet for £9.95. I rap this round a lamp post or railing, though its been recommended never to have the cable resting near the ground to avoid it being hammer/chiseled. They also do Kryptocables for £12. Im told it gives minimum protection. I also use a disc lock which im also told wont stop my NSR being lifted and loaded into a van. I also have an acumen alarm (which when goes off everyone seems to ignore)

Besides using a giant chain, theres nothing else you can do, other than make it more difficult to steel.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 10:02 - 26 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate had his VFR750 nicked a few months ago. They got it to the end of the road and it died. A van was waiting 5 minutes away. The police were waiting a m inute awau from the van Very Happy They left the bike where it was on the side of the road and went to get the van. When they cam back 4 police officers were waiting for them. Niiice.
He'd turned the fuel off. Dumbass' If he'd not the bike woulda gone straight into the back of the van. Lucky beggar.

Ride has those garage/floor locks in ad reccomends a few of them. They're def worth the investment if you own an expensive bike. or want to protect ur no-claims.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 10:03 - 26 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also saw at BdB just how easy it is to hotwire a bike. Even a firestorm. Hey Zim??

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:03 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

From reading articles over the years it seems that most lock can be broken. They just slow the tea leaves down. Apparently a common way to break the locks is to poor liquid nitrogen onto them. This freezes them and then a light tap with a hammer causes them to shatter. For alarms, nobody takes any notice but they can silence them easy enough by sticking the bike in the back of a refrigerated van (which also happen to be sound proof).

Probably your best best is a tracker.

A friend discovered how easy it was to hotwire his old Honda MBX125. So easy that he did it by mistake and couldnt turn the engine off!

All the best

Keith

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 08:51 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, the only thing you can do is, erm
Take the bike with you everywhere! never let it be out your sight.
chain it to yourself! muhaahaha lol

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:14 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Bulldog Bash we found how easy it was to hotwire a Firestorm, when zimm lost his keys.

I am vonsidering trying to make a homemade tracking sytem with a palmtop, gps and mobile phone... the problem is once they become pupular the thieves will just get mobilephone inhibitors Sad

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:18 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastards ar'nt they!

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:13 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the fob that tells you when ur alarm goes off. At least you can leg it to the bike

PostPosted: 15:20 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive looked at those kryton alarms that you can turn on and off you bike from over 100metres away. good for those gits who just leave as you get back to wherwe you parked it.
You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1