BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BCF NorBQ May 24th

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

might bob down the sat evening if I can for a short while if that's reet? won't be able to camp unfortunately or drink due to having to ride back again but would be good to at least put a few faces to names etc

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people are going? (don't have access to the Norf forum) I probably won't be leaving Northampton until maybe 3pm on the Saturday and it's around 180 miles, so don't expect to be there until around 6pm at the earliest.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 23 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
How many people are going? (don't have access to the Norf forum) I probably won't be leaving Northampton until maybe 3pm on the Saturday and it's around 180 miles, so don't expect to be there until around 6pm at the earliest.

Quite a few (about 20) expressed interest in the original thread.

Just to name a few Rob FZS, Dransy, Yambabe, Spudly, Trevor Machine & Mr Dunkable (as well as others who have posted in this thread) mentioned coming along.

Tbh will just see who shows up tomorrow, be on from 5PM when the weather has dried up Thumbs Up (Saturday looks to be the better day though so can't blame people for skipping tomorrow)

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 24 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anybody coming today then?

Here now with a few mates, got picnic tables & stuff set up, bit muddy but I got through, have a quad + trailer to take gear if any1 wants to leave bikes at farm house you welcome to (fair walk mind).

Last edited by Moxey on 19:01 - 26 May 2013; edited 1 time in total

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

any bcf there?

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 24 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not us I'm afraid. Defeated by the weather again.......

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 25 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suns blazing up here today, i'm working on call til 4pm but will probably ride down the evening for a bit of banter as it's only 50 miles

should I bring anything apart from my awesomeness?

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 25 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

No BCFers as of yet, can't blame anybody for it with yesterdays weather, is much improved today and forecast looks good for tomorrow.

Will be going back to the campsite about 4/5ish just headed home for some more food, there was 5 of us last night so just been a normal camping session for us Laughing

You lot are still of course welcome Thumbs Up

(@Shinigami food and drink lad!)

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 25 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home now, quick crap and shower then load bike and off. Already done 185 miles so far today, so I'm probably going to need a rubber ring after another 180 on the bike. I'm guessing I'll grab a dogburger and coffee halfway, so likely ETA is 6-7ish.

Warm a flat cap, race a whippet and throw another pigeon on the barbie, this soft southern shite is off to get in touch with his inner northerner Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 25 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a bit fucked up after being ill. Sad Hope everyone has a good 'un. Weather;s been ace today at least.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 26 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a chilly night last night, hope Mr Shaggy D.A. survived.

Shame I couldn't make this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 26 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to, but things happened and I ran out of cash. Pissed me off too, I was looking forward to this weekend.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:20 - 26 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small turnout, only 6 of us, but there was banter, beer, meat and fire and the offroading was quite doable, even if I did take the long way round through the undergrowth Smile It was nice to meet new people and get off the planet for a while, weather was just how I like it and the bike behaved well for the round trip.

Wasn't too bad at night, bit nippy and could see my breath when heading to the tent, but other than my sleeping bag zip getting stuck every 2 inches making my 3 piss trips in the night a pain, a bike with no exhaust starting next to my tent then riding around the field for an hour or so at 4am and a wailing harpy, I slept soundly Smile

It's a nice little site, next time I'll bring a groundsheet for crawling in and out of the tent on, and a stool that doesn't sink into the mud Smile

Just need to treat the bike to a good clean, maybe an oil change and tappet check tomorrow now it's had some cobwebs blown away.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3526686/biketent.JPG

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 26 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, really wish I'd been able to get down there.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 27 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to you Shaggy for making it, was nice meeting you fella Smile

The Saturday night was rather eventful (naked drunken Yorkshireman flying around fields on a GPZ 500 kind of eventful Rolling Eyes), if interest picks up again for another BBQ here just give me a shout Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:08 - 27 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't make it: it's not the quantity, it's the quality.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 05 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

had home issues! would have resulted in only being able to stay for about 2 hours but would take about an hour each way in travel too :\

if there's another i'll try and get down Thumbs Up

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 05 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
had home issues! would have resulted in only being able to stay for about 2 hours but would take about an hour each way in travel too :\

if there's another i'll try and get down Thumbs Up

No worries dude, I might organise another one for July for the club I belong to which is about 15 people but depends on rallies and other outings, BCFers willing to make the trek will of course be welcomed Smile

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good schtuff. As long ss im not working ilk be up for it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2