Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BALLERS TEST OUTCOME

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:32 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: BALLERS TEST OUTCOME Reply with quote

Sorry about delay “internet problems”

Well the night before the test I had to take the rear wheel off and drum brake apart which I had never done before. The whole lot was spread all over my little front garden in the pitch black. Me and me dad were up to 11:00 trying to fix the rear brake. Well In the end we did ok, we got it just about working to take my test the next morning, though I didn’t want to touch it that much in the test in case it started sticking again.

Test morning I was just glad to be taking the test without losing my fee. Was very nervous but I still thought I could pass with all the help you lot gave me and my extreme week of practice. Every thing was going well until I start breaking the speed limits and then travelling too slow after being told, seriously the roads were very unpredictable speed wise. To be honest my speed limit sign reading is rubbish. Personally I thought the instructor could of given more time for direction changes. He usually told me to turn just before the corner, giving me no time to react. If you haven’t guessed yet well I failed. Well and truly gutted with myself. Overall it was good experience for me. Hopefully I won’t fail again but you never know with my luck. Still thinking whether to take a lesson or just go for it, probably just go for it in the next couple of weeks. Well at least I know what to expect next time, and I got another week or two to decided weather to get the GS 500 or SV 650. Because when I do get that sweet licence the Yamaha SR125 is straight out the door.

Before all that I’ve got to work on these points first before I retake.
4 faults all together.

2 minor
Signals: necessary
Clearance / obstructions

2 serious
Use of speed
Progress: appropriate speed

If anyone has info on what is meant by these terms it would be much appreciated.

I’ll tell you how I get on with my next test if all goes well. Hopefully I won’t get that big bmw examiner again. 8316 what did you think of him, sorry for not replying to your email. I couldn’t access my email properly in time, though it would have helped a lot.

You lot have been great cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:51 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing to do is to ask the examiner what he gave you the marks for, the two for signals is basically incorrect use of indicators so I'd expect you were indicating too early or leaving them on after you'd made a turning.

The two for use of speed were for going too fast (a very bad idea on your test, and instant fail) and for going too slowly and causing delays and causing a danger.

Might be worth considering leaving a bit of a gap before doing your test again to get better at reading road signs ( Shocked ) and sounds like it'd be a good idea to do some lessons, as from what you've said it doesn't sound as if you're really ready to be doing your test.

Baller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:38 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I asked the examiner to explain my faults, he just said I indicated too late when approaching one roundabout and a bad use of speed. Test nerves made me panic a bit when trying to predict road speeds (instant fail).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:54 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd you mean 'predict road speeds'? Confused

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a few lessons in mate, they are essential for most people. The instructors know the test route, and what the examiner expects of you and get you to that standard. Don't buy a new bike until you get a few lessons, then put in for your test after your instructor tells you to.

Baller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:29 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s the cost of 1 or 2 lessons ?

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baller wrote:
What’s the cost of 1 or 2 lessons ?

A lesson (if you book them individually) will normally cost between 15 and 20 pounds for an hour I think.

You can get discounts for booking blocks of 10, a car instructor near me was offering ten hours for £130 a while ago when I was looking at taking my car licence.

Baller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:01 - 01 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15-20 seems alright, though an hour would go quickly

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:03 - 02 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about it mate Crying or Very sad , better luck for next time.
did you have the bmw examiner? cos he the better one. Smile

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 02 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, guys, do you not know that most bike testers who go out on bikes go out on big white BMW's?

They are DVLA issue, kind of like a company car!

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! there is either an examiner with the white beemer, or the other one with the blue pan euro- he's the not so nice one, thats all! Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1