Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Barrells & Piston for NS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 09:51 - 03 Dec 2004    Post subject: Barrells & Piston for NS Reply with quote

Can someone just confirm to be that there would be a great deal of difference between ordering parts for my NS as compared to an NSR??

And also, me looking for parts for an NS125R, would parts for NS125F fit also, or am I just being really dumb now??? Confused Embarassed

I know, I may be asking the dumbest question in the world here, but hey, what the hell do I know!! Embarassed Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 11:39 - 03 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The NS and NSR engines are very different, and the NSR top end would not bolt on to the NS bottom end (they have a different bore and stroke).

The NS125F and NS125R engines are the same. There might be some minor differences, but nothing major that I have ever heard of. I would be 99% certain that the NS125F barrel and the NS125R barrel can be interchanged without any problems.

All the best

Keith

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 11:54 - 03 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith, as helpful as ever mate - you are a star you know!!!

Fran Thumbs Up Karma Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fortuna
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 03 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS f IIRC was only different in the way it was carburated.
As kickstart said barrels and piston be the same on both machines Thumbs Up
You found an old NS-F then? They were the more "tourer" of the 2 and tend to be thrashed less.
NSR is a totally different beast to the NS125R or F.
If it makes you feel better I asked the same when I first got mine. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:34 - 07 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own an nsr rk, never knew what the hell to buy for that for anything he he Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1