Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CLASSIC BIKE JAPFEST

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:02 - 31 Jul 2013    Post subject: CLASSIC BIKE JAPFEST Reply with quote

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club (VJMC) is running a Classic Bike Japfest at the Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford, Somerset, on Sunday, September 15 (10am to 5pm)...

There will be club stands and private exhibits from the early examples of the 60s through to the modern classics of 15 years ago, plus trade stands and autojumble.

Included in the £10 admission is entry to the Haynes Museum, which houses the UK’s largest exhibition of the greatest cars from around the world, so it’s two events for the price one.

Run by the dedicated and passionate Taunton and Bridgwater section of the VJMC, the event promises something for anyone with an interest in Japanese motorcycles.

Expect to see racing and off-road machinery along with the standard Japanese classics.

To find out more, or simply to keep up to date with the event, go to: www.japfest.net

There is free camping for exhibitors or £5 on the day. Still time to enter your bike or book a trade or autojumble stand.

Haynes Motor Museum has recently undergone an expansion programme and is now on two floors and the price of the Japfest is cheaper than what Haynes charge just for visiting the Museum, you'd be a fool to miss this exciting show.
Contact me at nick@japfest.net for any further info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Aug 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best in show prize money has now been increased to £200, anyone can win this.
for more details go to www.japfest.net

We have now booked extra room for the bike displays as the response has been overwhelming, only a small amount of room left for bike entries or visit for the day to see one of the largest collections of classic Japanese Motorcycles ever displayed in the West Country.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:55 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

FESTIVAL OF CLASSIC JAPANESE BIKES AT
HAYNES INTERNATIONAL MOTOR MUSEUM

Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford will be hosting ‘Jap-Fest’ – a celebration of classic Japanese motorbikes on Sunday, September 15th.

Organised by the Taunton and Bridgwater section of the Vintage Japanese MotorCycle Club, the event is a one day festival celebrating vintage and classic motorcycles of Japan.

The show is expected to attract up to 300 motorcycles and will be held under cover in two large halls within the museum.

There will be classic and vintage Japanese motorcycles from the earliest examples in this country up to the modern but classic motorcycles of the last 15 years including racers, trials, tourers, mopeds, drag bikes, six cylinders, big fours, two stroke triples, all makes and all designs.

Festival organiser Nick Watson said: “It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover Japanese motorcycles you have never seen before and names you didn’t even know existed!

“You will be able to see where the modern Japanese motorcycle of today started and plot its course down through the years.

“Club displays of all the Japanese makes and models, plus private entries will fill the halls and make for an informative and fun day out for everyone to enjoy.

“Visitors will be able to talk to the owners about the bikes and restorations, see the bikes they either had in their youth or always wanted to have and get information on the clubs. It is an event not to be missed,” he added.

Included in the admission price is also access to Haynes International Motor Museum the UK’s largest exhibition of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes, from nostalgic classics of the 50’s and 60’s, glorious Bentleys and Rolls Royce’s to exciting super cars like the Jaguar XJ220.

There will also be outside auto jumble and trade stands, and the Motorcycle Mezzanine, which is part of the new development of Haynes International Motor Museum, will also be open.

The 330-square-metre display is a permanent home for the museum’s two-wheeled collection of around 70 motorbikes which include motorcycles from around the world and the Forshaw Speedway Collection – the world’s largest and most complete speedway display.

• The Classic Motorcycle Japfest is on Sunday, September 15th at Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Nr. Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7LH. For details call 01963 442783 or visit www.haynesmotormuseum.co.uk

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to put the location of this event on the front page of the website and make it stand out....

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:19 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be good to, but i am not sure how to go about it.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with chatting to my web designer...

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information and letting me do so, however i might be sounding a bit dumb here but how do i contact him.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:46 - 08 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local primary school and ask the kid you got to make the website to give you the details so you can take it to someone that isn't using a 'web development' system that cost £37.
(Tip, they should either be using a text editor or decent software. Personally, I favour a text editor, but I'm not so good at creative design anyway.)

noobRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:58 - 09 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a SW section rideout visiting JapFest on a route from Shaftesbury to Weston-super-Mare / Bristol way. JapFest is at https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/home/your-visit/planning-your-visit/how-to-find-us.php. Not sure how many people will be going along.

Nick W
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:45 - 09 Sep 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be good to see you all there noobRider.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1