Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

May 4th Biker Protest Day.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:51 - 20 Mar 2002    Post subject: May 4th Biker Protest Day. Reply with quote

Copied from a word document...

Dear Biker,

May 4th has been suggested as a day of peaceful protest when the biking community as a whole will show the British nation that we are not prepared to accept the current level of anti-biker legislation and discrimination any longer.

During this day of protest the following points, amongst others, will be addressed,

The statement made by Michael Meacher MP suggesting bikers be banned from National Park's

Although there have already been explanatory statements from the government on this, they are in no way consistent with the original text. We still believe that Mr. Meacher should personally set the record straight.

Over Policing & Discrimination

The motorcycling community is frequently the target of aggressive policing designed to deter us from going about our lawful business. This is totally unacceptable.

All too often, speed traps are being targeted at bikes whilst ignoring speeding motorists.

All too often, riders are being prosecuted for wearing dark visors whilst car drivers with excessively tinted windows escape unimpeded.

Motorcycle riders who appear in court can expect far more severe punishments for minor offences than car drivers. We do not expect leniency, what we demand is parity.

Misrepresentation of Bikers involved in accidents.

All too frequently, even in cases where motorcycle riders are killed or seriously injured, the driver escapes the consequences because the courts have come to regard motorcycles as a simple menace. This is unacceptable.

Interest in the protest is increasing by the hour from both bikers with a genuine desire to take part and the media who have promised to publicise the event before and on May 4th. However we do want to make it big so on the day, the plan is as follows:

i. Converge upon a point to be determined probably London’s M25 where we can … Circulate.
ii. Leave at the exit which suits you at say mid-day.
iii. Converge upon Westminster arriving at say 15:00.
iv. 16:00 present our requests to Tony Blair or Mr. Meacher.
v. Leave the area en-mass.

Why register?

Well that’s pretty easy. You don’t want to go unless you’re sure that it will be worthwhile. Register by sending an e-mail to cn_nc@hotmail.com and in the subject line place the following:

M4/County/Name/In
e.g. M4 /Hampshire/Fred Duke/in

Also watch for news on various websites, local radio, and in the press.

Some websites to watch are,

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/
https://communities.msn.com/BikersProtest/
https://www.bikersweb.co.uk/

You can also mail me direct for more information and with suggestions, I will reply if possible -

cn_nc@hotmail.com

Cris.

Last edited by Korn on 15:04 - 08 May 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 20 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you post this Kornel?

Are you thinking of going? I dont think its a bad idea to show the government < Evil or Very Mad > that bikers actually EXIST.
Though, I may buy a tax disc before I go.......... Laughing

what does everyone else think?

Laters

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:44 - 20 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should definately buy a tax disc... Razz ...preferably one that hasn't expired yet... Very Happy

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 20 Mar 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
i'd deffinatly go its what bikings all about comming together an helpin one another.
Luke

Ps that e-mail address dosn't work

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:52 - 26 Mar 2002    Post subject: Tax Disk Reply with quote

In reply to Tin's message above.......i want a tax disk but i want one thats expired where do i get one from???

lol

-scoobysnacks-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ropehead

PostPosted: 00:22 - 30 Mar 2002    Post subject: tax Reply with quote

I'v got one if u like? Laughing
You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1