Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Recovered from fall, but balance dont feel right!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

fanta
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:16 - 15 Dec 2004    Post subject: Recovered from fall, but balance dont feel right! Reply with quote

Hi all, I've recovered from the fall i had a couple of weeks ago on the CG125, and been riding around for the past week.

I do however feel that that my balance / posture when riding feels different in order for me to keep the bike vertical.. its kinda hard to explain... i'm tryin to say that i feel as if i'm having to put more weight on the right side of my bum, and i feel as if the bike always wants to go toward the left Curb at speed. Before the accident, i did suffer a rear wheel punchure and changed the rear inner tube. Me and a friend put the wheel back on ensuruing that the wheel alignment was correct. This is simple enough on the CG because of the align marks. This is still correct now, i checked it. The air pressures are ok 25psi front 29psi rear... Obviously, i now ride a lot slower so i have ample time to break should i need to.

What do you think mechanically minded people? Cheers

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 15 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume it was just a lowside? I can't see why it should tend to go left unless perhaps the forks were twisted to the left slightly? Even then I don't know if it will do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 15 Dec 2004    Post subject: Re: Recovered from fall, but balance dont feel right! Reply with quote

fanta wrote:
Me and a friend put the wheel back on ensuruing that the wheel alignment was correct. This is simple enough on the CG because of the align marks. This is still correct now, i checked it.

Wotcha.

Don't take the marks as gospel - just because it's on the same mark either side, it doesn't mean the wheel is aligned. I've been caught out like this before.

Grab a long straight length of wood, or even a bit of string, and physically check it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fanta
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:23 - 15 Dec 2004    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

well thats exactly what i'm thinking now mate.. the rear wheel side to side alignment or the rear wheel alignment against the front wheel is out?

Got to be one or both

how do the garages do the alignemt, with a plank of wood ,or a level stick ?

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 15 Dec 2004    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

fanta wrote:
well thats exactly what i'm thinking now mate.. the rear wheel side to side alignment or the rear wheel alignment against the front wheel is out?

Got to be one or both

how do the garages do the alignemt, with a plank of wood ,or a level stick ?

Wotcha.

Unless there are a few spacers missing, you can't get the wheel mis-aligned side to side.

The place I take my bikes for MOT uses two nice aluminium straight edges - "H" section, almost like a miniature RSJ. I've got two lengths of old electrical trunking lid in my garage. I find 'em ideal for such things, and they didn't cost anything. Skips are a wonderful thing Wink
When you check the alignment, you may find the front wheel could also be twisted in the forks - this is fairly easy to correct. Just loosen the pinch bolts in the bottom fork yoke, stand in front of the bike, gripping the wheel between your knees ( or put the wheel against a wall ) and turn the 'bars in the required direction, and don't forget to tighten the pinch bolts back up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fanta
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:55 - 16 Dec 2004    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

On my ride in today i payed attention to exactly what is going on, i find when riding downhill the bike wants to pull to the left, at one point i was doing about 35MPH down a hill and it pulled left, i had to brake sharpe to correct the steering..

Uphill seems ok
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1