Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

5th annual Bill Barker memorial motorbike ride

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bbmr2009
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:40 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: 5th annual Bill Barker memorial motorbike ride Reply with quote

Is anybody interested in joining the 5th Bill Barker memorial ride on Saturday 10th May 2014?
Leaving Egremont, Cumbria and travelling to Scarborough, Yorkshire. Leaving 10am prompt.
optional fancy dress as SUPERMAN (some people just have a tshirt).
£5entry fee per person ALL money raised is given to Great North air ambulance Pride of Cumbria

For more info see our website bbmr2009.webs.com or email bbmr2009@hotmail.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 10:45 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?

TomReilly
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:46 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing he means this guy https://bill-barker.gonetoosoon.org/ seriously doubt that he will achieve that many people on here.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:21 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do try not to be so BCF for one day. It's in the right section, it's for a cause that benefits bikers, and the chap went out like a proper boss.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 13:25 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Do try not to be so BCF for one day. It's in the right section, it's for a cause that benefits bikers, and the chap went out like a proper boss.

It was a genuine question on my part, as it happens.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 13:33 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I agree web site for ride could be more forethoming with background info, context, etc. Or even a link to the Bill Barker memorial site.

I now have relatives in Cumbria but sadly no idea what I'll be doing or where I'll be in May.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:44 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Fair enough, I was more aiming some pre-emptive retaliation on the assumption that it'd turn into another fuck-da-charity Thumbs Down mob thread.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Fair enough, I was more aiming some pre-emptive retaliation on the assumption that it'd turn into another fuck-da-charity Thumbs Down mob thread.

Don't think I've posted in any of them threads before, however I still struggle to see why loads of people would go for a ride in his honor. No offense but millions of people have died in the world saving people just doing their job; going back in time.

However none of them get a special ride. Is it just because it was on the TV and he was a police officer Question

Got nothing against the charity itself, great charity indeed. However petrol money could easily go straight to them. OR if it was best doing a ride donate it to every person that has died saving people whilst doing a job.

Meh call me a heartless bastard or whatever.

Last edited by TheSmiler on 14:48 - 22 Nov 2013; edited 1 time in total

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
just doing their job going back in time.

How does one go about getting a job as a time traveller?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:48 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
however I still struggle to see why loads of people would go for a ride in his honor.

I don't understand how someone can be so supportive of someone online that they offer them residence.

Some people are just charitable Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
however I still struggle to see why loads of people would go for a ride in his honor.

Because they might want to, would be good enough. It's just a quick FYI, posted in the right way and place, and I don't want to see it black-blobbed, is all.

TheSmiler wrote:
millions of people have died in the world saving people just doing their job

But we don't generally know their names.

Now I know the name of Bill Barker and that he made a conscious decision to put himself in the way of danger to protect others from it.

No, I'm not going on this ride, but I approve of his actions and appreciate having them drawn to my attention. Got a bit damp eyed and stiff-upper-lippy to be honest.

Bbmr2009
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:51 - 22 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

We complete the memorial run every year to remember Bill as we are his friends and family! If your not interested that is fine but some people are and that is why I put these posts on sites such as this one
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1