Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A list of forum behaviour that needs to stop... UPDATED!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:43 - 02 May 2013    Post subject: A list of forum behaviour that needs to stop... UPDATED! Reply with quote

...also known as the final set of warnings before the bans start:

Polluting on-topic threads with NSFW / shock images
It was funny the first couple of times somebody did it back in 2003, now it's just tedious. Keep it to the last post wins thread and certainly not the bike-related areas. Any pics I come across that are being posted just for shock value to fuck up otherwise-decent threads will be removed, and if you keep doing it your account will vanish without further warning.

Using others' images without permission
Just because an image is publicly-accessible on the internet does not make it fair game for you to use as an avatar, photoshop cocks onto it, etc. Read up on copyright law if you're not familiar with why this is... The copyright owner is well within their rights to request such images be removed, and I have to waste my time cleaning up after your antics.

Behaving like the internet is truly anonymous
You're accountable for everything you say here, be it libelling somebody or bragging about illegal exploits. I've had to deal with so many Data Protection Act waivers and requests for information from the police now that I'm on first-name terms with some of them! Unless you've only ever logged into your account from a series of Kazakhstani proxy servers, don't assume you are in any way anonymous. Don't say anything you wouldn't in the real world.

Behaving like an idiot for the sake of it
This is not 4chan, it is a bike forum. There is much less moderation here than you might find on similar sites, but there are limits... If you go out of your way to find out where exactly the line is, chances are you'll find yourself on the other side of it signing up for a new username.

Last edited by Korn on 12:39 - 24 Dec 2013; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:38 - 24 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting NSFW images in a non-NSFW thread
Do not, under any circumstances, post a NSFW or adult image in a thread which isn't already explicitly marked with a :notworksafe: tag. If the OP hasn't tagged the thread inviting NSFW posts, it must stay work safe.

Update:

As warned back in May: Anybody breaking the Forum Terms of Use, not adhering to the Rules & Guidelines for Posting or going against the warnings set out in this thread will be issued an instant ban regardless of their number of posts, karma, or how long they have been posting. The only way to get your account back will be to appeal against the ban directly to me via email, and repeat bans will become permanent.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1