Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting my 2 stroke fix - Yamaha RXS 100

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Show & Tell by G (10 Mar 2014 - 19:44)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Getting my 2 stroke fix - Yamaha RXS 100 Reply with quote

Might have just put an offer on this little blue RXS 100. Might have had said offer accepted. Might be picking it up this week! Cool

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/XqkAAOxy~dNTHN1b/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/0wgAAOxyj4hTHN1-/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/08MAAOxyeR9THN2P/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/DQQAAOxykMpTHN2f/$_12.JPG

I always regretted selling the one I inherited from my aunt, that had been sitting in a shed for 14 years. I sold it after I got it running, never rode it legally on the roads. This one will redeem my last error!

*Potato pics from ebay. More to come when it arrives at its new home.

Needs a new chain and speedo cable, for the MOT (currently SORN). Looks fairly tidy though Thumbs Up

EDIT: Moved to Show and Tell for a project thread!

Last edited by Doovy on 20:49 - 10 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting something exciting, at least an X5.

I am disappoint Sad

BTW, that's the gheyest name change ever Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

I am disappoint Sad

At least I surprised on both counts Wink

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its bloody glorious David, low capacity, aircooled 2 strokes are where its at.

Shaft wrote:

I am disappoint

Never underestimate an rxs100.

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just call me D' Haaave wrote:
Shaft wrote:

I am disappoint Sad

At least I surprised on both counts Wink

I only like pleasant surprises Wink

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvel wrote:

Shaft wrote:

I am disappoint

Never underestimate an rxs100.

My view is coloured by when I was a kid and learners could ride a 250 with no power restrictions and there was plenty of smoker choice.

The RXS was a shitbox commuter, less than half a step up from a Cub, so that's how I always think of them.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:54 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: Getting my 2 stroke fix Reply with quote

Duvet wrote:
Might have just put an offer on this little blue RXS 100. Might have had said offer accepted. Might be picking it up this week! Cool

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/XqkAAOxy~dNTHN1b/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/0wgAAOxyj4hTHN1-/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/08MAAOxyeR9THN2P/$_12.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Yamaha-RXS100-1994-/00/s/MTA4MFgxNDQw/z/DQQAAOxykMpTHN2f/$_12.JPG

I always regretted selling the one I inherited from my aunt, that had been sitting in a shed for 14 years. I sold it after I got it running, never rode it legally on the roads. This one will redeem my last error!

*Potato pics from ebay. More to come when it arrives at its new home.

Needs a new chain and speedo cable, for the MOT (currently SORN). Looks fairly tidy though Thumbs Up

Nice. Now all you need to do is put a million miles on it like 27cows.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, good little bikes and untouched by the stupid asking prices what seems to be plaguing anything else 2T, I was going to stick with mine long term but the MPG from the way I ride mine leaves something to be desired Twisted Evil Enjoy!

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft, stop pissing on my chips! Laughing

Thanks Trev for your support Wink I am sure a few miles will be done!

Moxey, it's a little for the MPG but also for the low capacity fun that I've bought it. It's a nice price too and hopefully should be good on the money with the condition too! First time I've bought online without going to see - but the seller's ad was in plain well written English, female owner and says her partner is an engineer with a list of parts they'd recently replaced and things left to do. Pics look tidy too, they have the V5 and VIN matches. After a few email exchanges the deed was done!

Trying to work out transport for it now in a van, as it's in Ashford and I'm in North East London Mr. Green

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be ridden back?

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Could it be ridden back?

Would gladly have, had it not been for the fact it's currently SORN, no MOT and needing a new chain and no speedo cable (not an essential but pretty helpful lol).

I'm also not fancying the idea of riding a totally new (to me) bike back home 60 miles given that I've not seen it in real life yet and can't judge it's condition and safety accurately. It's basically an almost finished project. My MCE breakdown cover will only take me a max of 10 miles too!

Would have loved to have tried though Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently discovered its legal for a motorcycle to tow another motorcycle of youre up for a challenge Laughing

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
I recently discovered its legal for a motorcycle to tow another motorcycle of youre up for a challenge Laughing

Do you have a motorcycle trailer?! Laughing

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

*phew*

No bike towing necessary, thanks Conan Wink Van is organised for tomorrow night's pickup Thumbs Up

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooring! I was thinking a rope around the grab rail on the sv and the headstock of the rsx, what's the worst that could have happened?

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little 2smoke Yamaha you have! They were the best and fastest of the 100cc commuter 2strokes, with the KH100EX and GP100 being second and third fastest I'd say.

It looks fairly tidy and could be enjoyed with minor fettling for the summer! Any 2stroke bike is worth buying now, as they are all getting rarer and anything that was considered very popular or very good is getting away from most of us already.

I think trail bikes and simple commuter bikes are the last 2 types of 2stroke bikes that are still affordable and viable as projects.

Enjoy it, and if your wanting to play with it mechanically, then I'd source a cheap spare engine to build up while you can still get them.

I'm torn with wanting to put my 200cc motor into my KMX125, but It would leave me with an engine less KMX200, and the chances of getting a cheap enough used 200cc motor are now too slim to make it viable.

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidy! Bugger me, that's pristine. There's even chrome on the downpipe. Everything looks to be in excellent nick. Whatever the asking price is, it's worth it. Buy it.

X5 is an OK bike but it won't take you to the ends of the earth and back. But an RXS will. You want excitement, try rapidly fading drum brakes as you hurtle down a 1 in 3 hill Laughing

[edit] I see you have already bought it Laughing Got a bit caught up in the excitement of seeing an RXS with so many shiny bits on it. Even a nice new seat cover. Happy days.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I love the two stroke sound and it's a shame they're all getting rarer!!

27cows wrote:
Tidy! Bugger me, that's pristine. There's even chrome on the downpipe. Everything looks to be in excellent nick. Whatever the asking price is, it's worth it. Buy it.

Yes, as you have now seen, I have. I put in an offer and it was accepted. I think it was a good price.. £300! I have yet to see it of course and judge it with my own eyes but the ad was decent, well written and in the emails it was obviously looked after as they cared for it. 12,000 miles too!

And indeed, a new seat cover too! I've ordered a new speedo cable and will assess condition of the chain before I get a new one of those. Should be able to get it up and running (road legal I mean, it runs pretty well apparently already) in a few weeks I hope, time allowing.

EDIT. This was my old one, just taken out of my aunts shed after being there for 14 years. I had got it cleaned up a bit (after the first 3 pics!) and sold it on as I had no money at the time... I'll do a better job with this blue one Laughing

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/debmoto4.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/debmoto.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/debmoto1.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/Rexus2.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/rexus.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/Rexus8.jpg

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

£300 is a ridiculous price for an RXS in that nick Laughing Let's hope the 2T classic madness continues to steer clear of this bike.

I always use RK heavy duty chains. Japanese made and well under a tenner from M&P. Normally get about 15-20,000 miles out of them.

Over the past two or three years, it's become increasingly common to get back to the bike to find people talking about it. Everyone seems to have owned one once, according to them Laughing

A few weeks back I ended up riding through literally three feet of water. Whole motor submerged. Cars broken down all along this flooded lane. But the old RXS just chugged on. You've not lived till you've heard an RXS backfire underwater Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:04 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:

Having done this before it isn't a pleasant experience!

All the best

Keith

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

27cows wrote:
I always use RK heavy duty chains. Japanese made and well under a tenner from M&P. Normally get about 15-20,000 miles out of them.

Excellent, will check those out then. I think sprockets are okay, according to owner. Will double check though.

Hopefully it will all be good when it gets here!

mintex
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
c_dug wrote:

Having done this before it isn't a pleasant experience!

All the best

Keith

yep, ive been there and done that, it was quite scary Shocked lol

mintex
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rxs by the way, i wanted one of them years ago but ended up with a honda mbx 80 instead Smile

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 10 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one that needs a little two stroke in their life, that's where the MT5 comes in.

I remember once seeing a pair of morons, chavs, in a boy-racered super-mega fast 1.0 Vauxhall Corsa pull up next to an old boy on an RXS 100. I was on my push bike, the car driver was revving and doing that lurching thing on the clutch. The old chap ignored him. The morons started laughing at this slightly tatty old bike. The fellow ignored them.

The lights went green the old boys right wrist rolled all the way round, the clutch was just let go of, the little hundred wheelied away from the lights, second, third, got under the railway bridge and out the other side before the Corsa had even crossed the junction.

I could see their faces briefly when this man pulled away, it made my day. That little two stroke had quite literally smoked them.

Anyway, the point of all that is, for a little bike, they seem pretty nippy, faster than my mates H100 anyway.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7