Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Stop and Go Plugs?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Stop and Go Plugs? Reply with quote

So after having a very slow puncture about a month ago i re-inflated the tyre and the pressure has been OK.

This morning I noticed a nail in it which I think may be the cause Smile

So back to the question, Stop and go plugs. How easy? How good? worth while or just try to find a shop that will plug it, although I don't fancy my chances in London town.


Edit:Reading this it looks like they are only temporary Sad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stop-Go-Workshop-Tyre-Plugger-Kit-Tool-25-Plugs-/141121372891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20db7d42db

Cheers!
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Michaeljf
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this version - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stop-Go-Pocket-Tyre-Plugger-Kit-/130549625764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e655d33a4

Had no problems with it so far and have plugged 2 different tyres now.

I could be wrong but I think it is the same kind of plug that a tyre repair company would use rather than the strips of rubber and vulcanising glue?

Michael
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're in Brixton/Kennington. FWR in Kennington are a very good tyre shop, so they should be able to plug it for you if you want a shop to do it.

Otherwise you could try Watling tyres down in Catford.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michaeljf wrote:
I could be wrong but I think it is the same kind of plug that a tyre repair company would use rather than the strips of rubber and vulcanising glue?l

No, a proper plug has a much bigger head and is pushed out from the inside, and is used with vulcanising solution.

The stop-and-go mushrooms are intended as a temporary fix, but in my head "temporary" means "until it leaks again or the tread runs out". Whistle

One of them has (when used with vulcanising glue) completely sealed a leak for me that two attempts with the "rubber worms" type failed on. I'd recommend them on that basis.

If you just want something that'll seal it until you get get a proper plug in then spend £5 on a cheap "worms" kit from China.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natefz6
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:10 - 31 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all I will give FWR a go at the weekend, I have found out I will be doing some Motorway miles soon 60 odd a day so would prefer a pro to do it.
____________________
"no I didn't steal it that's just the way I ride"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.22 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 46.58 Kb