 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:30 - 29 Mar 2014 Post subject: 2007 Honda Hornet Digital Dash playing games |
 |
|
Hi lads,
Just been out for a ride, all as normal until I look down and see my dash almost in a constant loop of resetting itself like it does when you first turn the key.
I shat myself.
I carried on anyway and it went back to normal, then it went completely blank, then the rev counter wound it's way to over 11k and got stuck there while the display was off, then it all came back on and worked fine,
It's flickering between being normal and going off / resetting itself (when it puts every symbol on the clocks 'on')
The lights and indicators all still work when the dash goes.
Didn't reset my time or odometer at all, it was just on or off or playing up.
Does anyone have a clue where to start, be very appreciated.
I'm assuming maybe a loose connection somewhere? But I have no idea really, I've not even found the battery on this thing yet
Cheers  ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
 misscrabstick Crazy Courier
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 Karma :     
|
|
 jjdugen World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jun 2011 Karma :   
|
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:46 - 29 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ahhh!
Thanks for the info.
Ever since I got home and wrote this, I've been out on it, and it hasn't done it once.
Typical electrical bastard.
Cheers
 ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|