Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fleecy tops

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Fleecy tops Reply with quote

I've posted in bike chat because its bikewear at a bargain price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003AOAEW2/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

They are regatta fleecy tops. Wife found them on offer just before winter and got me a couple. They are super thin but the inside has the same kind of material base layers are made of which makes them super warm. I can honestly say, layering up with a T shirt, this fleecy top and then my textile jacket over winter kept me cosy warm. Much warmer than the thick heavy duty fleecy tops I have and you do not feel padded out with them.

Stock up for winter chaps, you'll not regret it.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:38 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least 10 of these things, I use them mainly to sit around in Laughing They are very good at keeping you warm on the bike also, I prefer it to my jackets thermal liner and it's lighter and nowhere near as thick.
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered. Cheers fat head.
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:41 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the sizing like? I usually have T shirts in Medium but I don't want it too baggy...
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
What is the sizing like? I usually have T shirts in Medium but I don't want it too baggy...


I'd go for your t shirt sizing. I wear large T shirts and get large tops. theres a little room in them but not massive big.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CBFcarl
Nearly there...



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these. Comfy for just wearing around the house, in the office, or under my textile / leather jacket. Keeps me warm.

Totally worth £6.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Motorhate
Nearly there...



Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a North Face fleece which is super thin but also super warm for some reason. From what's being described here, it seems its the same material. Well worth £6.00 if it is.
____________________
Current - Harley Davidson FXDB Street Bob | Harley Davidson FLTR Road Glide | Harley Davidson Road King
GONE - Honda CB500 Ratbike | Yamaha FZ750 | Yamaha XVS1100 | Kawasaki VN2000 | Kawasaki ER-6 F | Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andymach23
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 16 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Just ordered a couple. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

groovylee
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Pinky Thumbs Up Just ordered two black and one Peat Karma
____________________
Past - 1988 honda revere 600, 1996 kawasaki gpz500s, 1999 Yamaha R6

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 25 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymach23 wrote:
Cheers. Just ordered a couple. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up


Same as, well handy. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 28 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today, very nice for the price. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours are expected between Thursday and Sat according to Amazon. Dont mind. I already have 2, currently sweating in one now. Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:37 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Ours are expected between Thursday and Sat according to Amazon. Dont mind. I already have 2, currently sweating in one now. Laughing


Thanks for that mental image just before bed time. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://themagillreview.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/dead-sexy-fat-bastard.jpg
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:25 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered about 20 minutes after this thread was created, as I have little in the way of keeping me warm. They arrived on the 26th in the afternoon. I've been wearing them since they arrived. They have a really nice feel to them, and do keep me fairly warm, on and off the bike. Very pleased with the product for the money paid. I bought 2 as it was £10 for 1 or £12 for 2 essentially.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:05 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, just ordered a couple of XL, only 9 left.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

groovylee
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:29 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine turned up yesterday. Very nice, and very warm considering how thin they are.

My only grip is that they seem a little shorter in the body than I would like, but other than that, perfect Thumbs Up
____________________
Past - 1988 honda revere 600, 1996 kawasaki gpz500s, 1999 Yamaha R6

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:11 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today. I don't think I'd wear it 'out and about' unless it was under a bike jacket or something, but for bike wear and slobbing around the house it seems ideal.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 29 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Got mine today. I don't think I'd wear it 'out and about' unless it was under a bike jacket or something, but for bike wear and slobbing around the house it seems ideal.


No, Fleecy tops are so 1990. But for practicality it is a good top. It'll keep you warm under your jacket on the bike or pissing around the house in.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived today, the XL is a bit on the snug side when I already have a Polo shirt on with a T-shirt under it, but another couple of months will sort that (2.5 stone lost since chrimbo). Worth £12 for two.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today. Fat size is good, lol
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jonbee56
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered half a dozen just now. Thumbs Up
____________________
CBF125 > Hornet 600 (x2) > CBR600F -- slowly getting better
"If you can't turn it, then burn it"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one from Beales - with my loyalty card points.

Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben90
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these at work, they're perfect, a lightweight way to keep warm and they dry quickly when you get caught in the rain (i just wring them out) and under textiles they're awesome. Just need matching trousers Razz
____________________
Yamaha FZ6 S2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

slowlydoesit
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 14 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 02 May 2014    Post subject: Re: Fleecy tops Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
I've posted in bike chat because its bikewear at a bargain price.

Wearing mine now. Find the sleeves slightly long but fit still pretty decent and surprisingly warm considering how light the material is. For £6 a bargain. Thanks!
____________________
Kawasaki KMX200 with broken fixed powervalves and a stutter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.62 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 133.39 Kb