Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SUMMY LOOK HERE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 15:38 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: SUMMY LOOK HERE Reply with quote

Summy, I like the SV650, looks nice for a bike after my NSR, what I wanted to ask you was....

Have you had any regrets buying it???
Whats handling like???
Is it restricted???

And how much did you sell your NSR for, I bought mine with slight frontal damage, but its not on the HPI and is Y reg and in about 2 months it will be like brand new, and I wanna know what it'll be worth.

Cheers....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: sv Reply with quote

Glad to see you like the SV, it is a nice bike. This weeks MCN gives it an excellent review. "Bargin at any price" it says. Also goes on to say how good it is as a learner bike, not too edgy.

I was a bit apprehensive about gettin a v twin and it did take a bit off getting used to (and still is). But the handling is very good so i'm looking forward to putting my BT010s on it and havin a good ride on the twisties.

I've got the certificate to prove its been restricted..thats just as good as having it restricted...isn;t it korn? Smile

As for regrets...not a one, i would of liked somthing more sporty like CBR, R6, ZX6 but i'd never get insured so i'm happy enough now on this.

I sold mine after a year with 4500miles, new rear tyre, new chain and sprockets for £2,600 and it was a Uk bike.

If your bikes not on the HPI list there no reason to delacare it a damaged repared is there..So thats good news. How many miles has it done though? Thats what it all boils down to in the end
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 22:07 - 04 Apr 2002    Post subject: summy look here Reply with quote

My bike's done 1500 miles, so it's only just been run in, I got all the manuals, service book, log book, etc with it too. It's had its first 600 mile service by a Honda dealer which is good, any ideas when it needs its next service??? And how often shall I get it serviced???

You got a good price for your NSR mate, hope mine will sell for about £2500 when I sell it in about a years time, although it probably won't, but i'll be happy with about £2000 with it, because I will have hopefully passed my full bike test by then and want a 4 stroke. Hopefully will have my eye on something like the SV650, I know what you mean about insurance prices for the sports 600's, bloody outrageous to be honest.

What do you pay on your SV650, what type of cover, no claims, etc, etc???

I know what you mean about your restriction certificate anyway, if you think about it little point having it restricted anyway. It doesn't do the bike much good fighting against restrictions that the bike wasn't made to fight against, and a restricted one will do at least 110mph anyway, and if the coppers catch you at 100mph+ your buggered anyway, at least with it derestricted you got more chance of nailing it and making a getaway, lol.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I cant remeber when the NSR needs servicing, have a look in the book it'll tell you when it needs it and what needs doing.

Paid £800ish TPFT with 1 years no claims.

Good point about the restrictor. They dont do larger engine any good at all.

I'll probably be selling mine in a years time..I'll need a car come next year so somthins gotta give. If your still interested in an SV by then you know where to come
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 02:21 - 05 Apr 2002    Post subject: lol ok Reply with quote

Oh I will be no doubt about it mate.....just don't go thrashing it too much hey lol
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1