Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Theory Test booked

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:45 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Theory Test booked Reply with quote

Did my CBT 5 weeks ago!

Got certificate despite wheelie-ing the Suzuki 125VanVan round a corner from a t-junction and up onto the opposite pavement (had to bin the underwear and trousers) Whistle . The instructor said he'd "never seen anyone do that before, especially on a 125/CBT!? and stay on." Shocked , he was smiling once he saw how much I was shakin' afterwards. I think my 19 stone frame leaning back my of contributed.

Anyway, I've just booked my theory for next week, fingers crossed Question

Direct Access will be booked Feb/Mar (when/if I pass the theory?!)

Good luck to anyone else in my shoes!

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 21:43 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck for your theory test, try not to click too much on the hazard part! nearly failed for doing that Confused
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:30 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck ,got mine next wednesday Smile

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Hazard and Perception is like the car theory than it should be fine. go on www.2pass.co.uk and do the mocks there as on the DSA ones - if you constantly hitting 33's-35's you're on course. If you ride, practise your hazard and perception while you move.

A good hint

Click everytime you see a
1) Sign
2) Pedestrian
3) Parked Car
4) Traffic light
5) Bend/Curve in the road
6) Bridge
7) Roadwork

and you'll be fine - don't click too much too - i manged to get 65/75 on the car one by doing the above and also randomly clicking when nothing was there - so it goes to show the system can be "fooled"

I got my theory for my bike on the 16th of feb - Same date and time as Somerset Scratcher Razz (Obviously our test centres are like 160 miles apart!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 15:26 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titot182 wrote:

I got my theory for my bike on the 16th of feb - Same date and time as Somerset Scratcher Razz (Obviously our test centres are like 160 miles apart!)

Yep hope I pass! Only 28 days to go. Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:04 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ALL!

Rolling Eyes Hazard Perception sounds like a bit of a mare?!

Thx, Titot182! I cannot download the mocks from 2pass.co.uk, have to try from home, eh!(Damn this proxy server @work Thumbs Down ).

Good luck romperstomper, mines on Thursday!

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:09 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ALL!

Thx, Titot182! I cannot download the mocks from 2pass.co.uk, have to try from home, eh!(Damn this proxy server @work Thumbs Down ).

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:29 - 21 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky Monk wrote:
Thanks ALL!

yep it sure does Sad
thks if i pass will give u some tips when i get home !

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 12:53 - 22 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazard perception's easy. It's nearly always a car pulling out on you.

Or a pedestrian walking out, or possibly a cyclist pulling out.

The theory you just need to get your head down and learn, but a CD off ebay, I borrowed one off a mate and it was great, it had practise hazard perception tests aswell.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rocket_man
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my Motorcycle theory test last Thursday and passed Thumbs Up

I did the car theory test in 1998 (it wasn't all computerized back then we had to use pen and paper!) and there was no hazard perception part to the test, so I was a little unsure as to what to expect for the hazard perception test.

Gazdaman wrote:
Hazard perception's easy. It's nearly always a car pulling out on you.

Or a pedestrian walking out, or possibly a cyclist pulling out.

Gazdaman is absolutely correct that was the majority of the hazards when I did the test, as long as you react to the 'developing hazard' quick enough you'll have no problems.

If you have experience on the roads it's just a case of reacting to hazards on the screen as you would on the road except instead of going for the brakes go for the mouse button!

If I can pass the test, anyone can Wink.

Good luck to everyone taking their theory tests in the coming months, I know exactly what you are going through.

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:12 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocket_man wrote:
I did my Motorcycle theory test last Thursday and passed Thumbs Up

Good luck to everyone taking their theory tests in the coming months, I know exactly what you are going through.

thks & congrats Thumbs Up

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:11 - 23 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the DSA Theory Test CD and gettin' 33/34 out of 35 consistently, been drivin' 14 years. Just the bike related stuff (checkin' tyre pressures every week etc!).

Thanks for all the advice!

RomperStomper, be nice to hear how you get on before mine. Sure it'd really help, ta! Best of luck with it, dude!

Practice makes perfect!!..................last excuse I used, last time my girlfriend caught me masturbating?! opps! Embarassed Tut Tut

romperstomper...
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:50 - 26 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Funky Monk
as i suspected the hazard part of the test stinks, I should have scored 5 on every clip as I saw every hazard early and responded throughout clicking between 4 and 11 times. On the last clip after the hazard a van was approaching with a parked car on my side so I clicked twice and it told me I had responded in an unacceptable manner and scored 0 not sure how many times I clicked on that clip but I didn't think it was very many! My advice is don't be afraid to click and if you get the double hazard out the way early then on the rest once you've passed the hazard don't click anymore(that's where I cocked up)

The theory part is easy (if you've done your homework) and you get loads of time, probably worth checking your answers at the end .
It's worth completing the optional survey at the end because you get to Dis the hazard test Thumbs Down

Anyway stop moaning you miserable bugger as I passed Very Happy
35/35 theory
50/75 hazard perception crap (only just passed)
best of luck M8 let me know how you get on !
Romperstomper

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:22 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Laughing Thumbs Up

Just passed Theory (35/35 Multiple and 56/70 Hazard Perception)

Question Still not sure how to take the Hazard Perc? I just made sure I didn't click more than twice in quick succession, and after 3-4 clips you get the feel of it? Even the video before-hand doesn't explain it very well Confused .

Anyway, woo-hoo!! Better get my DA booked asap!

Thanks for all the advice, good luck all! Karma

Funky Monk
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:23 - 27 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Laughing Thumbs Up

Just passed Theory (35/35 Multiple and 56/70 Hazard Perception)

Question Still not sure how to take the Hazard Perc? I just made sure I didn't click more than twice in quick succession, and after 3-4 clips you get the feel of it? Even the video before-hand doesn't explain it very well Confused .

Anyway, woo-hoo!! Better get my DA booked asap!

Thanks for all the advice, good luck all! Karma

swaffs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 28 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Funky,

Get your DA done, we've got Brands hatch in March 5 !

Swaffs
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1