 Dedge1 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 09 Mar 2015 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:10 - 11 May 2015 Post subject: Kmx oil change |
 |
|
Hi just after some info on a Kmx 200. Would it be ok to use castrol GTX 10w40 part synthetic for the engine. Thanks  |
|
 Nemo Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 30 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
|
 Dedge1 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 09 Mar 2015 Karma :     
|
|
 RhynoCZ Super Spammer

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:12 - 12 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
For the gearbox, anything greasy would do actually. Reading the manual could help solve your problem, but since you don't feel the need, just pour some gear oil in. Don't use the engine oil. You'll be looking at SAE 80W or something like that for your gearbox.
Also, it's not the first time I see GTX 10w40 this week, where's the discount? Gearbox oil is something you don't have to change frequently, so saving a couple of quid is not really the way to go.
EDIT: Any 10w40 with no friction modifiers (if you run a wet clutch) should be alright, but then, I wouldn't do that, since the gearbox oil is even cheaper and it was designed to be used in gearboxes. ____________________ '87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor |
|
 Dedge1 Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 09 Mar 2015 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:28 - 12 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the reply and the info pal. I've not hat the bike long I don't have a manual for it but I'm definitely gonna get 1. Thanks again bud  |
|