BCF: Bike Chat Forums

U Turns

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

kev98
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: U Turns Reply with quote

Im about to take my test in a couple of weeks time and was wondering what size road you have to do the u turn on. eg 2 car width or 3 car etc

Thanks

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:26 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about 3 car widths. Don't worry the examiner will be doing it somewhere where hundreds of people will have already done it on their tests. As long as you have your slow control mastered then you'll be fine. Good luck Thumbs Up

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 17:25 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road is only tight as you make it.

I dropped the bike twice when I was learning on a very tight sloping street. Guess the instructors thought if we could U-turn there, we could do it anywhere...

Always look where your turning, it's the key. Look at the kerb and you WILL hit it !

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 23:16 - 31 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way what are you learning on, if its something light like a 125 you could have a go at this.
i hired a CG out on sunday and got a bit bored, so i found a deserted piece of tarmac and see how many times i could carry on going round in circles, (i.e do a U'ey an keep on turning) well i ended up doing so much and getting it to full lock i got dizzy and nearly fell off, tried doing a U'ey after and got it round so easy, just keep you head up and look to where you want to go. Clutch control is everything!
Hope it helps
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Knisis
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 01 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today on my DAS course I had to do a u-turn. The road used was the same width as my test will be on. I managed to use just 75% of the width Smile

My instructor told me, on the test the tester will ask you to walk the bike around the road. Important: Make sure you do a rear observation before walking around, apparently someone failed cos they walked around as a car came along.

Make sure when you pull up to give yourself plenty of space to any cars in front, if not roll bike back before riding a u-turn.

And as many have said, Rear observation, Clutch and back break only, roll foward parrallel to the road, life saver, turn and look down the road. "Where you look is where you go"

Good luck
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1