Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Thursday 24th at Aldi

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:51 - 17 Sep 2015    Post subject: Thursday 24th at Aldi Reply with quote

I have used their stuff for a while.

Jackets and tops are brilliant.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-24-sep/

Stowelly
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:35 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up both their winter cycling gloves and their waterproof lobster gloves. seem decent quality

they did also have a load of merino wool base layers at about £13

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the "premium" front light for 8.99, very bright and easy to take on and off. Hasn't got a flash setting but has low, medium and high beam. Brightest is probably good enough for pitch black riding bit haven't tested in the dark yet. Usb charge slot is mini sd but the rubber cover doesn't seem watertight.

Also got the twin pack of mini lights for 3 ponds, ok for extra side lights but obviously not for use as main ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:06 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late, but... a cheap T6 (don't go for the zoom) torch from ebay will probably make their 'premium' light look like a dashboard back-light in comparison!

About £13 will get you a head torch with recharable batteries, charger and a nice rear-red illuminated section too.

Their cycling gloves were ok but didn't last too well - same with their motorbikes gloves in my experience.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Bit late, but... a cheap T6
Oh thanks anyway, seems to be fine for my needs at the moment, my commute is all lit anyway (or at leats the dangerous bits) so "be seen" lights will suffice. I have a good flashing red one on my rear end as well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Bit late, but... a cheap T6 (don't go for the zoom) torch from ebay will probably make their 'premium' light look like a dashboard back-light in comparison!

About £13 will get you a head torch with recharable batteries, charger and a nice rear-red illuminated section too.

Their cycling gloves were ok but didn't last too well - same with their motorbikes gloves in my experience.

Something like this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2200LM-CREE-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Light-Lamp-2x-18650-/201409999210?hash=item2ee4f8b16a

Struggling to find a non zoom to suit

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:05 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom's are ok, but don't tend to be as bright and have a linear beam pattern - the bright hot spot in the middle of the normal ones works well for the road (so bright further away, where you'd want it.)

If you want something for the bars and don't mind spending a bit extra, this will be *really* bright!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191593706526

As a head torch, the single LED version of this is actually better, but unfortunately seems to be in short supply at the moment - usually costs a similar amount ...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/JR-3000-Headlamp-Headlight-Activities-Traveling/dp/B00GSFQYWE/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1443258149&sr=8-28-spons&keywords=t6+headtorch

Ah, here we go... I don't know about this specific copy, but looks the same as my 'boruit' branded one which wroks nicely.
My one came with a bar mount too, but this doesn't seem to.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1