Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Has anyone heard of a Honda Mtx with an nsr 125 engine??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baurluvva
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:44 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Has anyone heard of a Honda Mtx with an nsr 125 engine?? Reply with quote

My son has just bought an Italian import 86 Honda mtx 125

It has an nsr 125 engine with an upside down gearbox ( 1 up and 5 down )
The exhaust is on the left hand side, the side panels are different to a UK model it has a longer seat that wraps around the sides of the tank and generally different.

I have been told that they are quite rare but need to find out about spares for it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this import model?

This is not his bike but a photo of an Italian import exactly the same

https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/baurluvva/Mobile%20Uploads/_86.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grandad90
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:33 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

they aint the same as my jap built 91 mtx125r
tho the engines do swap apparently

and they were more common in europe

when searching for parts on ebay for example try google translating what you are after and entering that term as well
ie. exhaust seems to be echappement in french, uitlaan in dutch, scarico in italian, auspuff in german etc

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:12 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The MTX was built in Italy and they did use the NS engine, but from what date I am not sure.

However I suspect if the gear change is reversed then this bike has had an NS engine engine fitted at some point to replace the original.

All the best

K

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a nice bike all the same!

They did a few versions of the Italian built MTX125R which is very different from the Japanese version, and as you said uses the NS125 engine. It's said that the NS engine was based on the older Japanese MTX/MBX engine design, hence why the mountings are similar. There's a fair few details different about the motor otherwise, but I would say it's no harder to get NS125 engine spares than it is MBX/MTX parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1