Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KTM EXC520, Offroad/Supermoto for sale.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:10 - 10 Sep 2015    Post subject: KTM EXC520, Offroad/Supermoto for sale. Reply with quote

Putting it up here first before it goes on ebay.

I'm selling it because I just don't use it I think I have done ~500 miles since I bought it 3/4 years ago.

It's a 52 plate EXC520

Cosmetically it is a bit tatty but it has been used properly offroad so you would expect that.

Mechanically it is sound, so much has been rebuilt in the last 500 miles.

Vapour digi dash fitted (Standard dash is genuinely a push bike speedo)
New front brake caliper and Pads - (I found a brand new caliper on ebay for about the same price as seals and pads)
Rear caliper Rebuilt and new pads
Front forks rebuilt
Rear shock rebuilt
New KTM Comfort seat
New bearings all round on offroad wheels
New kick stand with both offroad and sumo size legs
New rear offroad tyre.
New Grip and Handguards
New service items, oil/plug/filters/coolant etc.
Will have a Brand new battery as current one is not great
Uprated the oil screen bolts (standard they are hex and round off now a torx) It's common for this to get stuck in, mine are free and clear.

I've spent a fortune on it in the last few years and just not used it.

Currently in Supermoto form.
Offroad wheels come with their own discs and sprockets (Although will need a longer chain to fit the the bigger offroad sprocket.

I will put a new Mot on for the buyer

It also comes with a fuck tonne of spares. Off the top of my head...

Full Leo Vince Exhaust System.
Original seat
Choice of 3 shock springs
Loads of Plastics
Headlight

I have a couple of crates worth of bits.

Downsides

Cosmetically tatty.
Suspension is set for offroad, despite it being rebuilt fills a bit bouncy on the road for me.
Road tyres are legal but mismatched and not great

Here it is... (This is with the Offroad stand which is too long it has the SM one fitted now.)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/540603_10150813090838476_37994837_n.jpg?oh=b81e18293361419a5c5d282bf09b8329&oe=565F4C6F

Viewing welcome and if anyone is interested I will get more photos.

I know usually with big offroaders or sumos sellers give warnings to potential buyers about the performance being mental etc.

I think a more appropriate warning is that this isn't an everyday bike. For a start it doesn't have an ignition key, anyone can just walk up to it and start it. It is a very light bike 110kg I think it is highly knickable it will need to give in a garage or at least chained up in a garden. The service intervals are short and it will need taking care of, on the plus side it is VERY easy to work on valve checks take minutes changing an airfilter is removing 2 clips etc.

Mileage is unknown I'm afraid, this is fairly normal, as I said the original speedo is a pushbike speedo, I'm not exaggerating, I bought a £5 speedo from Lidl with more functionality. As such when the batteries are taken on the mileage is lost. The vapour dash saves the mileage which is what the last few MoT's recorded and you can see the mileage has been low. The new dash was put on when I did all the work, It's a fantastic bit of kit, has a shift light rev counter temp gauges etc, none of which the original had.

The bike is great fun but I already have a fun bike I don't having 2 is silly Laughing

Last edited by chris-red on 19:07 - 16 Nov 2015; edited 2 times in total

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 19 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fancy selling the Leo vince separate do you ?

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:02 - 19 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

J D wrote:
Don't fancy selling the Leo vince separate do you ?

Yeah Ok, I'm on holiday at the moment back next week. Would you collect or want it posted? Let me get back dig it out and sort out a price.

Cheers,

Chris

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 23 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no rush I'm on holiday as well. Where would pick up be from ? Is it the twin front pipe exhaust ?

chris-red

PostPosted: 17:27 - 28 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

J D wrote:
Yeah no rush I'm on holiday as well. Where would pick up be from ? Is it the twin front pipe exhaust ?

Hornchurch Essex or Shoreditch, could meet somewhere and yeah twin pipe exhaust. I'll put photos up later.

chris-red

PostPosted: 20:09 - 28 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/IMG_20150928_191559_zpsmvlbkdub.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/IMG_20150928_191540_zpshj5jm2ih.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/IMG_20150928_191605_zpsopefc5fj.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/IMG_20150928_191610_zpspvyil6ld.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/IMG_20150928_191618_zpsscttjbyf.jpg

It's in pretty good nick, it comes with exhaust gaskets too. There are a couple of small dents as shown. I'm missing one of the mounting collars but I'll make one up if you want.

£150.

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 04 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'll take that when I get payed mate if your not in a rush to sell ? Would need delivery.

chris-red

PostPosted: 22:23 - 04 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

J D wrote:
Yeah I'll take that when I get payed mate if your not in a rush to sell ? Would need delivery.

Yeah no worries, I'll need to time to make up the missing collar, I still need to learn how to use my lathe Laughing . Thumbs Up

Give me a shout when you have the cash and I'll work out what postage will be.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1