BCF: Bike Chat Forums

had some fun...spent some money ;P

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what year is your old 636? I cant believe you just went out and bought a new one.

Jees, what do you do for a living?

Bastard. BASSSSTARD! Razz

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 23:57 - 07 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old bike?? thats a 99 zx6r g2 https://predator.bikepics.com/pics/kawasaki-zx6r-99-bikepics-169948.jpg

its 6 years old this may...and its been riden all year round for the best part of 2 years (excluding various crash repairs lol) and its looking a little shabby....granted i didnt really put much interest in it for nearly a year after my crash with pops.... meaning it started to fall into a poor overal state as i basically left it to rot in my garage.

Then blowing an engine, twisting the frame....the list just goes on and on Laughing

Done alot of growing up over the past 2 years, i realise that speed isnt everything...(im done with crashing Laughing) im not interested in taking my life in my hands everytime i start the thing (plenty of risk already...without my riding slashing the odds) and i find personally looking after the bike has become a major part of the fun of owning one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sold your current bike yet then, or are you now advertising it like mad?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 00:07 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade in got £1800 for is.

not bad really got race fairing and a full system (with is appently trade in suicide cos joe average isnt interested in a potential mot failure)

24k miles on the clock...engine has done maybe 20k but the clock is all that counts.

Also its had a few bad prangs...but that wasnt too bad because the shop that im getting the new one from and trading the old one, is the shop that put it back together when the engine locked and twisted, peeling the bike apart like a banana Laughing

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 11:51 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice purchase. But only £1800 for your old bike Neutral, privately I'd have thought it was worth more than that.

Still, long as you enjoy the new machine Smile

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 12:05 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator:
Quote:
No need to be jealous when you've got what you've got. Sounds awesome and goes too. I could probably have taken you bothtonight on the twisties but I felt the need for a nice relaxing ride. *ahem.....*cough*

Couldn't see you on those twisties Greg....! Where did you go??!!
For some reason my Avon's felt planted in the wet last night, the back didn't even spin up after we left the services and onto the motorway, although 130 in wet and windy conditons with a steamed up visor was a bit daft!!! Laughing

I can still be jealous tho, the new 6R is a cracker but like someone said, Gixxer 750 all the way for me. Well you can't complain, your bike does have all the trick bits minus a steering damper, is that on your shopping list Craig? I suppose how hard you ride it but your last bike seems to have taken a hammering!!

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:15 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ill get a few bits for it damper, hugger...stuff like that

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 12:21 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you get the bike? Remember and get piccies up! Thumbs Up

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:25 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

just phoned the shop...waiting for a call back Smile

Also just got off the phone with CIA to change my insurance, to go from my G2 to my new ninja..my premium went up by...........ONLY£40!!!!! totalling £360!!! LMAO! i was expecting it to go up along long way. And there is still 11months on my insurence as i renewed it in january Laughing

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 12:27 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammy git !! Some folks get all the luck Rolling Eyes .... Laughing

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 08 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19, for some strange reason I was misread your username as BLOFLY636 and hence my question about how old your existing bike was Confused i need glasses.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2