BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lights

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 22 Dec 2015    Post subject: Lights Reply with quote

As I'm now commuting by push bike everyday I'm looking for a decent headlight.

I already have a Cateye rear LED light which has been brilliant so far.

i did buy a Cateye Volt 100 but, as for a few people who have reviewed it, the button on the top has stopped working properly and it's now knackered.

So, as mentioned above, I'm after a decent headlight that will be waterproof and have half decent battery life (doesn't have to be amazing, but don't really want to be charging it everyday).

Thanks Thumbs Up

ಠ_ಠ

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 27 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Lezeyne Macro Drive front light. Recently had to send it back to Upgrade Bike (UK Lezeyne Distributor) due to something loose / faulty in it and it came back with a new circuit board in it.

Not selling it well saying that is it, but it has been really good when it's working and seems to be solid again now. I've had it just over a year and good to know that Lezeyne / Upgrade Bikes sort out any problems should they arise.

Cost about 60 something £ discounted online.

If I didn't have it I'd be looking at the Exposure Joystick lights. But, they're over £100. But again amazing customer service + repairs if needed apparently.

reason for both above is I need something helmet mountable for hour commute home through dark country lanes and paths in woods.

If you don't need a helmet mount I'm sure there are plenty more out there. Lights are all getting very powerful now, some too powerful. Just be sure to dip it down a bit if you get one of the 1000 lumens types. I'm regularly blinded on cycle paths in winter by other riders coming at me needing to see my face with 1000 lumens instead of the ground in front of them!? + Also be aware of anything cheap and powerful on ebay / amazon etc. Too many stories of expoloding chargers setting peoples kitchens on fire recently after people bought cheap Cree Chinese imports.
Fidge This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 06 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamEf wrote:
I'm regularly blinded on cycle paths in winter by other riders coming at me needing to see my face with 1000 lumens instead of the ground in front of them!?

when people do this to me i have a twin set of 1800 lumen lights that i fire up, just enough to give them a tan

pisses me off, point your lights at the floor an not in the air grrr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:00 - 19 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fidge wrote:
I'd totally recommend the cheap cree led lights, go for the solarstorm with 3 LED's.

Cree is the company that make most of the LEDs that go in bike (and other torches etc) lights. They're used in reputable and dodgy (exploding battery type) lights too, so be careful which ones you go for.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 96 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1