Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

got my 125 test in weeks time

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:04 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: got my 125 test in weeks time Reply with quote

My u-turns are fine everytime, emergency stop is fine. But on my cbt I was so nervous when riding with an instructor I almost messed it up. Can someone give me some advice on common failures on 125 tests? thanx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

New York Doll
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:33 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: got my 125 test in weeks time Reply with quote

chris_biker wrote:
My u-turns are fine everytime, emergency stop is fine. But on my cbt I was so nervous when riding with an instructor I almost messed it up. Can someone give me some advice on common failures on 125 tests? thanx

I have yet to take my CBT but I have found this website useful. it intails everything you need to do, and things you don't, for that matter.

It's probably of little use, but it does shed a lot of light on the CBTs and what is expected of you.

It may be of some help, it has put me into a better mind set about the CBT test.

sorry if it's of little help, just thought It might take a little of the anxiety away, knowing what's expected of you.
"You know even if I live to be a 100 years old which is highly unlikely I must say, but if anyone mentions 1977 then a crooked smile will come to my lips, I know it will. It was the year that changed my life" - John Peel (1977)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 17:24 - 15 Feb 2005    Post subject: Re: got my 125 test in weeks time Reply with quote

chris_biker wrote:
But on my cbt I was so nervous when riding with an instructor I almost messed it up. Can someone give me some advice on common failures on 125 tests? thanx

..so I would take it that you have had no lessons with an instructor since you did your CBT ??
I would have tried to get a few in...to boost your confidence, and also for the I to teach you what the Examiner looks for...
Many people think it is just do a U Turn, E Stop,..ride for a bit, ....
but he will be looking for a whole lot more.

A ex mate of mine failed one of his tests for forgetting to turn an indicator off after a junction.

Common fails are u-turns, lack of lifesavers.

I got minors on my test for riding too closely to the car in front, not doing a LS completely at a junction or something...and because my u-turn was wobbly.

If you get 3 or more in one section it's a fail. A Uey is an immediate fail if you put your foot down,....as is massive skidding on an Emergency Stop.

I would try and cram a lesson or two in.
It will help a whole heap.

I had one or two lessons a week for the three and a half months from CBT to test.

(Oh..and don't forget you will be asked bike maintenance and operation questions at the start of the test, and a pillion question at the end !!)

Good luck anyway !! Thumbs Up

JO xxx

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:47 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for that guys. ive got two full days training before my test, fingers crossed!! if I pass I will be buying an nsr125 very soon!

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

two full days training is a good idea mate

as they will iron out any faults you have

regards being nervous

i am the most nervous person you could meet in situations like that

what i did was

after the examiner had put the radio gear on and i had done the show me tell me part

he said warm your bike up and let me know when you are ready

i used all this time to breath deeply and focus on the test in front of me and calm myself down and it worked a treat

i passed with 3 minors

also when you know you are heading back to the test centre

dont get complacent .. remember the test isnt over yet

if i can pass with 3 minors then you can as well

best of luck

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 16 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think about everything before you do it and if you are not sure about something or it would be unsafe to do something just ignore it, it's seeing how well you use the road not about your navigational skills. And don't worry about the u-turns. Overall, it's a piece of piss.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1