Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Few Pics Of My Bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 26 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tidy.

Inb4 Oxford chain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Oxford chain.

Damn, was going to mention that, guess it will have to be 'gold wheels' Sick

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finternet wrote:
Damn, was going to mention that, guess it will have to be 'gold wheels' Sick

I'll bite. You forgot to mention the footpegs.

My turn; An extension on the Oxford chain would be that you've got it lying flat on the floor.

I can see why so many modern bikes and sportsbike get stolen though with the general lack of areas for a chain to pass through. *Pinch pin might be worth looking at if that's how you leave your bike overnight?

*Never used one.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:37 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice bike, the 7R's and SRAD's are both good looking bikes IMO.

But I dont get what is today so magical about an irrelevant class of bikes, and why people want new 750's to be made, and also because the fact that only Suzuki now make one, it gets all this raving best of both worlds reviews.

When 600cc and 1000cc sportsbikes are so capable and good these days (not entirely my opinion because of the power race at the expense of drivability), why do you need a new 750cc bike?

When I had a 600cc sportsbike 15years ago, I couldn't use all of its ability on the road, and neither could I use a fairly similar performing 1000cc V-twin.

750's were once the default man's bike, and the racer for the road class, so had a big heritage and loyal following. But no one can argue that 900cc or more less peaky bike with the same or less weight than a 750, made for a better and easier to ride road bike.

Plenty of people also bought 1000's and 1100's in the 90's for road use, as they too for just cruising around on were easier to ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a few that say this, but I don't really understand it, especially when you can only buy one make and model?

Modern 600's are quite a bit faster than 90's 750's, and have more claimed bhp. The 1000's are full of electronic aids that apparently makes it worthwhile to have 200bhp?

I read a really interesting PB article about the K1 GSXR 1000 last week. It compared it to a current GSXR and the old long stroke 160bhp bike had masses more low end and midrange drive and torque up to 8000rpm. That kind of confirms my point IMO why I think 150bhp litre sports bikes are better road bikes than 200bhp ones.

The same with 600's to a degree, as though you get about 10ibft more on newer ones, the older 80-90bhp ones are more drivable low down.

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

I read a really interesting PB article about the K1 GSXR 1000 last week. It compared it to a current GSXR and the old long stroke 160bhp bike had masses more low end and midrange drive and torque up to 8000rpm. That kind of confirms my point IMO why I think 150bhp litre sports bikes are better road bikes than 200bhp ones.

I would say that a 2016 BMW S1000RR is a more capable bike than a K1. Throw in all the latest electronic gizmos and there's no doubt the latest bikes are better all round bikes IMO - are they better value at 4 times the price, no way!
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

Last edited by JAMSXR on 21:37 - 27 Mar 2016; edited 2 times in total

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Fuchs!

Ram air scoops?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 27 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
What the Fuchs!

Ram air scoops?

Should say Suchs (sucks)

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 03 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Theres a few that say this, but I don't really understand it, especially when you can only buy one make and model?

Modern 600's are quite a bit faster than 90's 750's, and have more claimed bhp. The 1000's are full of electronic aids that apparently makes it worthwhile to have 200bhp?

The same with 600's to a degree, as though you get about 10ibft more on newer ones, the older 80-90bhp ones are more drivable low down.

You care a lot about bikes being drivable low down. How much time do you spend in car parks exactly?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1