Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best sub-£40 gloves

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 20 Feb 2016    Post subject: Best sub-£40 gloves Reply with quote

I'm hoping to do my first track day soon. Over the last few weeks I've been slowly gathering the bits I need.

Now it's time to buy gloves. I really dont want to spend too much on these as I already have two pairs of daily use gloves so these will be solely for track days. Anyway can you suggest any gloves that comply with track rules but cost less than £40?

Many thanks Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 20 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know there were specific rules for gloves. Get the best you can afford or look at special offers on good gloves. The first thing you do by instinct is put your hands out if you are falling and abrasion injuries are more common on track if you are unlucky enough to bin it.

OGR

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 20 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess by rules I meant the fact that the gloves have to be leather all around. Heard this was the case but could be wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 20 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need are leather gloves. Not gortex. Get yourself down a bike shop, there'll be loads of offers on summer gloves right now.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 21 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched high and low for some replacement Summer gloves that were not in the £100 region.Every bike shop that I went to had the same gloves until I went down to the Biker Store at Blindley Heath.For £38 I found some good gloves with adequate thumb protection,which £100+ gloves did not have.They secure with velcro around the cuff of the wrist and are long enough to not ride up in the event of an off,so will protect that part with flexible leather that would otherwise be bare with shorter Summer gloves.

I cannot remember the make off hand as I am not at home atm,but 'HELD' springs to mind.

https://lingfield.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/the-biker-store-19155523.html

Found these on eblag

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milano-Sport-Black-Leather-Assen-Armoured-Motorcycle-Gloves-New-Bargain-/361351460772?var=&hash=item542239b7a4:m:muh6ka4oA_-Mi9JiG7J0dsw

At that price it might be best to buy two pairs Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:12 - 22 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheArchitect wrote:
I guess by rules I meant the fact that the gloves have to be leather all around. Heard this was the case but could be wrong.

When wet, I wore leather/textile gloves at Brands Hatch. Marshalls checked my wristbands and they didn't say anything.

Otherwise RST sell some cheap leather gloves.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 23 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

RST Blades can be had for 49.99. All leather and decent spec. I have a pair and they're holding up well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 17 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the
Quote:
Milano Sport Black Leather Assen Armoured Motorcycle Gloves New Bargain!!
after seeing this thread, They seem a bit quite Very on the small side.
If your penis is 5" or more you want the XL or XXL.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 17 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash II wrote:
Get yourself down a bike shop, there'll be loads of offers on summer gloves right now.

This ^^

Get yourself over to somewhere like J&S in St Albans. Last time I was in there they had big bins full of gloves on sale. They also have a decent range beyond that. If you are not fussy about brand you can pick up armoured gloves like Frank Thomas Circuit gloves or IXS Vampire for under £40 from there.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 17 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ yep, was in there yesterday, and they had the bins ful of gloves again. the shop in finedon also has a load Thumbs Up

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R

Undertoker
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:31 - 07 Apr 2016    Post subject: Re: Best sub-£40 gloves Reply with quote

TheArchitect wrote:
I'm hoping to do my first track day soon. Over the last few weeks I've been slowly gathering the bits I need.

Now it's time to buy gloves. I really dont want to spend too much on these as I already have two pairs of daily use gloves so these will be solely for track days. Anyway can you suggest any gloves that comply with track rules but cost less than £40?

Many thanks Thumbs Up

eBay is your friend here bud
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1