|
|
| Author |
Message |
| ReadySalted |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ReadySalted Scooby Slapper
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:25 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: White helmet and hi vis |
 |
|
Yes another one of these questions
I know there are those that wouldn't give this a second thought, but personally I can't help judging bikers I see wearing a white helmet and hi vis as trying to look a bit like a copper. It's annoying since I do infact own both a white helmet, and a hi vis, but I'm so concerned about looking like a wannabe police nobhead that I will never wear the two together. It seems a pretty daft situation where I am choosing not to wear hi vis clothing, for fear of not looking a certain way. Maybe that in itself is as stupid as those who wear shorts or no gloves on a bike!
I know that there are those who actively seek to look like coppers. All the clothing, and sat astride white pans making their intentions to look like a copper clear. I just don't want to be grouped alongside them and I can't help but feeling that sporting the aforementioned gear, I will be. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ADSrox0r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ADSrox0r World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| vespertinesta... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 vespertinesta... Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 Apr 2016 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:34 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you're wearing the gear and someone notices you look a bit like the police then they've both done their job; you were noticed...
If it helps other people see you then what consolation is it going to be laid up in a hospital bed when you can say "at least I didn't look like a copper."
Stop worrying about what other people think and do what's best for you  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mailee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mailee Spanner Monkey
Joined: 15 Dec 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:36 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it's fashion or safety I know what I would choose. Wouldn't make a lot of difference to the driver who is texting on facebook anyway.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NJD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NJD World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave70 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave70 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| techathy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 techathy Traffic Copper
Joined: 09 Aug 2015 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| vespertinesta... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 vespertinesta... Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 Apr 2016 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andyscooter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andyscooter World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andym |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andym World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Nov 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ZX-7R |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 ZX-7R Banned
Joined: 24 Jan 2016 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
I might get a Polite vest. #yolo ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M.C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M.C Super Spammer
Joined: 29 Sep 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScaredyCat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScaredyCat World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 May 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hefty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hefty Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 25 Jun 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Snowdonia Rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Snowdonia Rider World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Oct 2014 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:50 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
You're not going to look like a Rozzer if you ride a Grom etc no matter what you wear. Like above, you'd have to be riding a white BMW or whatever your local force uses (FJR1300's here). ____________________ I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| recman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 recman World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:30 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bozzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bozzy Traffic Copper

Joined: 20 Dec 2015 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:43 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hefty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hefty Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 25 Jun 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:43 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have no words  ____________________ '13 Honda CBF125 // '99 Suzuki SV650s // '98 Honda CB600F Hornet |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:53 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Undinist |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Undinist Nearly there...
Joined: 08 Oct 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c-m |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c-m World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pigeon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pigeon World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Sep 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 14 Apr 2016 Post subject: Re: White helmet and hi vis |
 |
|
| ReadySalted wrote: |
It's annoying since I do infact own both a white helmet, and a hi vis, but I'm so concerned about looking like a wannabe police nobhead that I will never wear the two together.
|
Why did you buy them if not to wear them? Why does it matter to you what people think.
I bought a white lid because, at the time, I couldn't justify the £70 extra for a paintjob. Then I thought if it's got to be plain, a white lid would show up compared to a dark one.
I've worn hi-viz's since I was 16. Partly because I think there is the 5% chance something bright and flapping in the breeze might get noticed, partly because I can throw my jacket on the floor and not worry if it gets covered in shit/tar, and partly stubbornness.
Bikers are supposed to be about individuality and non-conformity, or some such garbage (we clearly aren't) and I get some weird kick out of annoying other bikers who get excited about looking cool.
That said, it doesn't matter what you wear when the fuckers aren't looking in your direction. Vans / cars pulling out of side roads, onto roundabouts, changing lanes, doing u-turns all looking the other way. Van driver sliding past my outside in clouds of smoke because he was texting and didn't see everyone had stopped on an NSL.
Being sat stationary at a roundabout and being rammed from behind (two work colleagues in the last 2 years).
As far as I can judge, hi-viz + white lid and lights ablaze buys you 1/10 wins. Loud can buys another 3/10 bizzarley. Good judgement about 3/10. And luck 3/10. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 173 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|