Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Greenlanes in Sussex

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Greenlanes in Sussex Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Does anyone go out greenlaning in Sussex at all ? Im new to laning, and I have a Yamaha Raptor road legal quad (that I have off road wheels and tyres for) and a Sinnis 250 Supermoto that I have offroad wheels for. I know, from what Ive been told there are some good greenlanes out near Horsham - but Im new to it all.

Any help appreciated.

I just want a bit of sunday action

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that there are more lanes in East Sussex than in West Sussex, and that some of them are quite slippy and chalky when wet.

I've have not ridden there since I was a teen. Where Tesco's is on the A27 in Shoreham there used to be some fields we'd play in, the local farmer didn't care, as long as we didn't go anywhere else.

The TRF have quite a large presence in Sussex. Think a lot of people ride into Surrey too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Re: Greenlanes in Sussex Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
Sinnis 250 Supermoto that I have offroad wheels for. I know, from what Ive been told there are some good greenlanes out near Horsham - but Im new to it all.

How are you finding the 250? Is it the Apache?
Which wheels did you swap to?

I'm asking because my next bike will be 250/300 4t single where I can use it for the commute all year, then hit a bid of mud in the autumn / winter.

I was quite tempted by the Apache. I don't expect my SV to die, so this may be a while off yet.

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:34 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 250 Apache and a 250 Retro star.

I say wheels - what I have done is bought TKC Continental MX tyres for the stock rims. (They both use the same rim)
The Apache was a sample we bought in and is Carb not Efi (Which I prefer as I like a bit of back yard tinkering at times) so its a one off.

They both have the same engine only the Apache is oil cooled. To be honest I prefer the retro250 off road, as its lower centre of gravity is good for people like me who havent got perfect balance. But like I say that is just a personal thing.

This is a pic a customer sent me the other day at Salisbury. Odly, my bike is pretty much exactly the same. Stripped of anything extra.
Tyres in the stock rim size are hard to get, but I have a trick to get around this by using two rear tyres. it makes no difference at all - and is great off road on mud etc as expected.

https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk196/mgarrod1/DSC06501.jpg~original

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:44 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bike is disappointingly clean. Razz

If offroading around Salisbury Plain then this is a fun place to go: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2432709,-1.6895395,1204m/data=!3m1!1e3

Technically it's a tank driving course rather than a legit right of way but seeing as the army drive tanks around there, the chances of a bike doing any damage or bothering anyone are slim.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinnis should make a 250 Blade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP should change his name to MikeApache Thumbs Up
it sounds cool, and less sinnister.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 13 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

under_rated wrote:
Sinnis should make a 250 Blade.

Funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same thing when looking at the range.
But then for what I wanted, I figured something that had a road bias and I could swap the wheels for muddy fun would be better, hence the Apache as a consideration.

I didn't think the frame on the Retrostar looked up to much abuse. It looked fine for roads, but not made for mud.
Happily proved wrong.

Would struggle with my brain to allow all those shiny bits to get caked in crap though Smile

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:53 - 20 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the shiny bits off haha
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1