Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

croft circuit tips

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

highland biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:01 - 16 Apr 2016    Post subject: croft circuit tips Reply with quote

Hey guys

Heading down to croft in may for my first trackday this year, havent been there before anyone got any pro tips? it looks like a pretty fast track, very different from knockhill.

cheers Thumbs Up

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 18 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't cash it dents your pride.

Unless it's been resurfaced the surface is crap, they'll tell you to take a wide line on some bends.

Don't buzz slower riders, try not to be annoyed when others buzz you.

Take food, last time I was there, there was only a burger van and it was pricey.

BIG ZOOK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:22 - 23 Apr 2016    Post subject: croft. Reply with quote

A fast and technical track.Not the best surface and quite bumpy in places .1st corner is 70mph +,don't turn in until the second set of markers on the left.
Nasty little kink b4 hawthorn bend ,if u get this wrong,you tend to be late on the power coming out of the bend and into the chicane.
Back straight is longer than it looks with a nasty bump,that can affect yr side stand switch and can cause the bike to cut out for a second.
Tower bend is a twat Very Happy .The back section of the track is where you can really improve things ,jim clark esses are quick with a bumpy left hand section on barcroft corner.I tend to run just off the white line and get a better entrance into sunny in.
The s bend left hander is my fav corner ,but you need to balance the exit speed and gearing choice,so your not in limbo for the hairpin section.Great track ,whilst I`m no racer I have ridden it over 50 times and do ok in the fast group.Enjoy m8. Thumbs Up

highland biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:46 - 25 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

rough surfaces eh? probably shouldve invested in a steering damper after all Shocked

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:59 - 29 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been on it on a bike but plenty of times in a car. There's a bloody big dip if you hit the apex early on Sunny In. Used to really unsettle the car and chuck the back end out - so that would be fun on a bike

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 30 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it a few times, one of my favourite tracks. It is bumpy though, so set your suspension softer than normal. The surface is very abrasive too, if you get a sunny day it sparkles like sand paper!

I find sitting in the middle of the track on Hawthorn bend works best for me for entry to the chicane as it's quite bumpy here, but YMMV. Jim Clark Esses and Barcroft are ace, you can absolutely pile into them and carry a ton of speed.

Exit of Sunny Out is good for a wheelie if the photographer is there Very Happy

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Mike 'Spike' Edwards rides Croft - taster clip

https://youtu.be/FEmGrU9ea0I
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1