Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I knew it! J'accuse!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:04 - 04 Feb 2016    Post subject: I knew it! J'accuse! Reply with quote

"Pedalists" outed as secret motorcyclists all along.

"Yehbut it weren't mine" rules-is-rules sadface.

https://deredactie.be/polopoly_fs/1.2560367!image/2891382605.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape670/2891382605.jpg

It does occur that as more and more roads are ceded to cyclopaths that electrically assisted bikes are going to become more popular, and I don't mean legal ones either.

New York are nipping it in full bloom - can't be long until it's an issue in London too, right?

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 04 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: I knew it! J'accuse! Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
"Pedalists" outed as secret motorcyclists all along.

"Yehbut it weren't mine" rules-is-rules sadface.

It seems the family has form.

Quote:
One thing is clear, the Van den Driessche family is embroiled in scandal with Peter and Niels facing criminal charges in bird theft, Niels also serving a suspension for doping, and Femke caught up in the middle of cycling’s first full-blown motorised bike investigation.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 04 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: I knew it! J'accuse! Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
New York are nipping it in full bloom - can't be long until it's an issue in London too, right?

I bloody hope so. I quite regularly see a fat old biffer wobbling round on a spackerbike with one of those 'This vehicle is LEGAL' signs where a numberplate might be affixed. On different occasions I've seen her:
-bump down a kerb into the path of a milk tanker,
-fail to bump UP a kerb, and fall off (reminded me of Jabba's demise in that there film)
-shriek at a man walking his dog along a pavement when she couldn't get her considerable anklefat tucked in close enough to pass

All I can do at the moment is shake my head condescendingly and hope it comes close enough to the end of my boot for the opportunity to give a squishy lesson in physics.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:48 - 04 Feb 2016    Post subject: Re: I knew it! J'accuse! Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:

I bloody hope so. I quite regularly see a fat old biffer wobbling round on a spackerbike with one of those 'This vehicle is LEGAL' signs where a numberplate might be affixed.

Quite likely the one you've seen is 'legal' for use as a bicycle in the UK.
The US actually has more relaxed laws on them in many states.

For many in-town uses, they make a massive amount of sense - fast enough and move all the emissions 'somewhere else'.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:53 - 12 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPZI6vfMVY

Unfortunately they're almost as expensive as real scooters on the other hand regular electric bikes are fairly overpriced and don't have as much gear.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 12 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmon wrote:
Like this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPZI6vfMVY

Unfortunately they're almost as expensive as real scooters on the other hand regular electric bikes are fairly overpriced and don't have as much gear.

Yes just like that. If that piece of guff doesn't need any kind of MOT or Tax why the f*ck do I have to pay for it on a motorbike that ISN'T made of Chineese?

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:33 - 12 Feb 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It fits the criteria of a pushbike* except it's better in that it has lights,mirrors and proper brakes.

Of course if you don't like paying tax etc you can take advice from this guy and start
https://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU?t=38s

*https://www.juicybike.co.uk/uk-europe-ebike-law

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 10 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed this today, it was quite fun.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/THXII38/temporary_zpsdpkup9dw.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1