Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

IOM TT 2017 Ferry Bookings

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:00 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: IOM TT 2017 Ferry Bookings Reply with quote

https://www.visitiom.co.uk/events/tt-and-motorsport/tt/

"Ferry crossings for TT Festival 2017
Ferry crossings for 2017's TT Festival will become available to book from Monday, 30th May 2016.

As in previous years, we expect that it will be possible to secure bookings for the 2017 TT period by paying a deposit, with the final fare amount being confirmed by the ferry operator during December 2016.

Once the ferries for this period go on sale, you should be able to book your trip online at www.manxferries.com, although as the websites can get very busy and experience disruption when bookings first open you may prefer to call us on telephone 01624 654 081.

We strongly recommend booking early as ferry crossings during this period always sell out quickly.

Please don't hesitate to in touch with us if you have any queries. "

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:06 - 30 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a complete ball ache. From 8:30 it took 7 hours and over 300 calls and website attempts to book. I got through on the phone about 2:30 then was cut off whilst sorting times.

Missing both Superbike races because ferries sold out but I'll be there Mad Sunday to Thursday. For all the money Steam Packet make they should have a website that isnt total bloody rubbish.

It's done now though (yay!) and there is the added bonus of lapping the Southern 100 circuit.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the full ticket price for the ferries? got quoted £62 each for a deposit.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we paid 270 for a bike last year and almost 400 for the car.

'Worth' paying a little more the nice premium lounge upgrade Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:52 - 02 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
What is the full ticket price for the ferries? got quoted £62 each for a deposit.

At very late notice I paid for me alone and the bike round trip:

Travel Cost: £233.67
Card Fee: £0.00
VAT: £0.00
Total Cost: £233.67
Payment Received £233.67
Payment Due: £0.00

That was booked 21st April 2016
I don't know what savings if any, for early bookings as it is a guaranteed 'sell out event' for Steam Packet so no need to offer discount. It would be madness to discount a sell out.

I amended the return sailing as the options I clicked on put me off the island the morning of the senior race.
But I still had to get off the island in time for work.
The lassie who made my first booking was extremely helpful in rescheduling though. So I now have to sail to Belfast on the Sat/Sun night swap to a Stena boat on arrival at Belfast for the sailing to Cairnryan and then ride home to Glezga from Cairnryan.
It cost a wee bit more but may work out less phaph as I'll not need to stop for petrol on the return. Nor square my tyres. Cool

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 02 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you got a cancellation then?, is it a case of just keep trying closer to the time and wait for the right dates.
I'm still waiting to get paid for a job and likely when i get paid all tickets will be gone for next year Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 03 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
I take it you got a cancellation then?, is it a case of just keep trying closer to the time and wait for the right dates.
I'm still waiting to get paid for a job and likely when i get paid all tickets will be gone for next year Sad

I think I just slipped in just in the nick of time. I just chanced my arm when I found out I would be home for the TT and not someplace more boring.
There are/were places to get there but nothing to get me home unless I left it to after the weekend. But my arse would have been making buttons if weather stopped boat or something and I couldn't make work. Smile

For the record, at one time bikes almost 'always' got on ferries as the crew can slot a bike in between cars. HSE wnakers have put the kibosh on that and now the boats can only carry a pre-agreed No./Mix of vehicles.
We rode out to Mallaig last summer to get the boat over to Skye. Got to the ferry and were told we couldn't get on. It's an arse of a long ride back around the loch too. Sad
Anyone who works for HSE is a prick Mad
Very Happy

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 03 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took the view that if you want to go, then you get whatever you can get on whatever dates you can get it and the rest of life just has to slot in around it.

if you miss out on the main accomodation - wait for Homestay to be announced, we did it and it was something we'd do again in preference to a hotel - the locals are beyond welcoming Smile

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 03 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of my mate's folks live on the island, he was saying you can pitch up tents at the football ground for cheapness?

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:32 - 08 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
A friend of my mate's folks live on the island, he was saying you can pitch up tents at the football ground for cheapness?

Laxey Football Club TT Campsite? That's on https://www.iomttbreaks.com/

Homestays should be made available in a few weeks. If I can't get a house for a few nights then I'll try and book one of the campsites on that website.

dombaird
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:05 - 21 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

we booked for the race week again next year

steam racket took the deposit money from 4 of us (£50 each), while at the TT this year we were trying to change our return ferry from Liverpool to Heysham, upon enquiring we were asked

'why have you not booked for next year lads' Confused Confused turns out steam packet had not taken the money and had not made our booking

so we have got practice week and return home monday night, we will see upto Monday racing!! Absoloutley gutted is an understatement to say the least!

BUT we are going again next year!

Very Happy

shocking fares for the crossing considering we paid 29£ return for the NW200 leave saturday morning and return saturday night
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 303 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1