Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

On the Wheel Motorcycle Superstore Brighton

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:45 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: On the Wheel Motorcycle Superstore Brighton Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just to let you know we are opening (its already opened but we have a huge open day planned) our new Motorcycle superstore in Brighton on the 24th Sept. All welcome, and we will be giving lots away, as well as having stunt riders, BSB, Pirelli trucks etc etc.

We are main dealer for KTM, Suzuki, Mutt Motorcycles, Sinnis Motorcycles and Peugeot Scooters. Our other store in Brighton town centre is Yamaha main dealer, so generally we got things covered.

Our new store is Ocean View Business Park,Gardner Rd, Southwick Brighton Bn41 1PL, has parking for 200 cars (obviously free - a miracle in Brighton) and we have everything from helmets, to full race leathers and t shirts. Check out our Facebook page On the Wheel Motorcycles.

Tell your friends etc, its a great ride out down here, and we hope to make this the next Ace cafe in Brighton. Something we sadly lack in such a great motorcycle city. Im planning to host a Moto Gymkhana event hopefully soon too. We have a cafe as well - essential after a ride.

I know this is advertising, but lets be honest - If no one knows about a new shop opening, then more is the pitty. And its you guys that will make it the destination we want.
We are going to be focusing on girls motorcycle clothing too - sadly lacking in other stores, and as a man - I like to see everyone looking cool on bikes (as well as safe) but particularly ladies.

Anything you need let me know, and that includes anything you think we should stock. I am open to suggestion. Like I said we want this to be friendly, and your store that caters for everyone.

Im really excited haha. We are open now, but if your coming a long way I suggest you come on the 24th Sept for the big day - the cafe is not finished yet although if you ask for Mike Garrod I will make you a tea or coffee haha

All the best

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:50 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: On the Wheel Motorcycle Superstore Brighton Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
I know this is advertising

It is, but past posting from you as a sensible non-spammer should stop the spam ratings... hopefully Thumbs Up

Not too far from me, I'll likely head down and have a nose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:54 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paddy
Im just a bike lover like everyone else - and at the moment I feel like a kid in a chocolate cake store

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:58 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
Thank you Paddy
Im just a bike lover like everyone else - and at the moment I feel like a kid in a chocolate cake store

If you offered a BCF tasty discount... I'm sure we'd flock there Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:50 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill see what I can do - Im sure we can do something

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck a free sinnis retrostar 250 my way and i'll come down

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How extensive is the women's section? I am going to need some new boots soon but want to avoid the pink/flower bollocks that manufacturers seem to think we want.

As I am also not too far from Brighton I may pop down for a look if it's worthwhile.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit further out but I have the next three weeks off starting Saturday and I've not yet taken the bike sarf sarf so I may well visit.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 28 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: On the Wheel Motorcycle Superstore Brighton Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Not too far from me, I'll likely head down and have a nose.

Yep me too. Any excuse for a ride and a brew. On the lookout for some waterproof gauntlets for winter. Pick your brains on textile jackets too as the one I have currently is like wearing a bin liner, but only waterproof for 5 minutes.

Ride recommended Rolling Eyes

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:43 - 29 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the womens selection we are currently working on it. We sell Motogirl Kevlar leggins which apparently are "the best in the business, and we do other items, jacket boots. As for being extensive - we are working on expanding it, with your help too.

As for the other replies - would be good to meet you guys. New coffee machine apparently arrives tomorrow woohoo

silky666
Captain Rulebook

PostPosted: 22:57 - 29 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silky has visited and reviewed the establishment.

I was sceptical when i heard the term 'superstore' ... as Brighton has been devoid of anything larger than a corner shop size within a 30 mile radius for many years.
However i was pleasantly surprised on arrival to see quite an impressive sized showroom.

Main dealer for KTM ... but only up to 690cc. So no RC8's. But lots of KTMs.
Good selection of Suzukis.
A few (like 5) second hand bikes.
And some of the cheap chinese Sinnis bikes.

Great selection of riding gear.
Helmets are Shoei or Arai.
Clothing is AlpineStars or RST.
No Dainese Sad

Staff were friendly and from my first contact appeared to be bikers themselves.

To compare it to P&H , who are huge but 25 miles away and to be honest are rip off merchants.
This new place is about 1/2 the size ... so still nice and big... and the prices looked pretty good / standard.
Eg; a new Arai is going to be what its going to be.

I did note that they had priced up a Shoei helmet wrongly and it was £150 cheaper than Helmet City. But i raised it and this may now be changed.

Note to owners: seeing as i saved you £150 per helmet.. i suggest you agree a 10% discount for BCF members mentioning the following phrase "we love silky".
(Note: p&h do a discount if you ask !).

Not quite finished but open for business.
Easy to find ... even though its in a crap part of town.
Once the cafe is open it will be a great place to ride to.
Plenty of easy parking on site.
Opening event day is on 24th September ... when i have been assured there will be many many bikini clad ladies.

So.... SE Winnahs and Sarf East Chapter ... what ya say ?... fancy riding down from Boxhill over the downs on the 24th.

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/silky666/Bike%20Stuff/20160729_102638_zpsdpoy7prg.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/silky666/Bike%20Stuff/20160729_102338_zps3orcmcx6.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/silky666/Bike%20Stuff/20160729_102505_zpsy55l1j4h.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/silky666/Bike%20Stuff/received_1821591478073876_zpsymzkjva1.jpeg

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

silky666
Captain Rulebook

PostPosted: 23:05 - 31 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closed on a Sunday !?

Dafuq

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep definitely up for a brew. Might even buy something Smile

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:38 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not open Sundays at the moment - will be in the future.
As for gear, we are getting more in ASAP including my personal favourite Icon, 100% and we will be stocking KTM clothing too.
There is a hell of a lot in the pipeline such as Hedon etc

Im working on the discount thing at the moment. As I always try and do my best for groups such as BCF. I cant promise as its not my call, but I can have the meeting.

Great pic of you sat on the Heist haha

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:41 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maint to say we have over 100 second hand just not on display yet - also 50 Jap import rarities to display soon too

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:43 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
As for gear, we are getting more in ASAP including my personal favourite Icon

Thumbs Up My fave also, nowhere really stocks it.

Obviously BCF will throw a considerable lobby of hosts to your establishment, Silky rarely ventures out as far as I know and he has already made an appearance Shocked

Mass ride out soon Laughing

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat cruiser tho

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:29 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doovy wrote:
Dat cruiser tho

And the bike Laughing

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:24 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do some discount, but I need to know if you guys get a membership card or something you can show to identify yourself to our sales team ?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about logging in here on our phones in your store?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 01 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any website?

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:39 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website is currently being worked on and it also incorporates our other Brighton shop (the Yamaha main dealer).

https://www.onthewheel.co.uk/

So is there any way of identifying yourself as a BCF member in the store ?
I dont think the "logging in on your phone" is a good idea, it could be quite time consuming. Im just trying to think of the quickest way possible - with the least fuss.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:14 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could show a photo of our forum mascot; a cute kitty?

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much work would be involved in swapping your shop over from an eBay store to making it on your actual website? I only ask because in theory it's as easy as creating a discount code for the online side of things but the first link I click on google takes me to an eBay forum suggesting this idea has long been awaited with no feature being implemented for sellers thus far. I'm not a seller so know little about it.

In regards to logging into BCF on the phone once you've logged in (for me at least) it remains logged in so all I'd have to do (in theory) is to walk in the store, open the web browser and zoom in to show you my username. Maybe not ideal for a big opening but we're not talking supermarket length cues here for any other day?

If you think a membership card would work for you then you'd just need to ask you team to create a section whereby we'd register online and have the cards home delivered to then scan at checkout and both be happy. Maybe the cards could be assigned a code that would work both online and be able to be quoted over the phone as well typed in by one of your sales team to kill two birds in one stone? Or create a code that works on all three? How you'd keep this registration private to BCF is beyond that of the top of my head thinking. Maybe include a part to include your BCF username upon signup alongside the normal details.

edit: Is your eBay store being updated also? Limited clothing available in comparison to bike parts and 10 pages of LS2 helmets but no search results for shoei despite your picture including them above. A work in progress I assume?

Last edited by NJD on 10:12 - 02 Aug 2016; edited 1 time in total

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 02 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
I dont think the "logging in on your phone" is a good idea, it could be quite time consuming. Im just trying to think of the quickest way possible - with the least fuss.

Really? I can log in and prove who I am faster than it took me to read your reply.
If it's too much hassle then never mind.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2