Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Jamie Whitham School Mallory 14th Sept - all abilities

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:14 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Jamie Whitham School Mallory 14th Sept - all abilities Reply with quote

Anyone interested in a Jamie Whitham Track Training School at Mallory; 14th September?

Seems to get really positive reviews and is reasonably priced. You get pictures included.
They've got a decent list of reputable racers training. A bit more relaxed than some - I found CSS a waste of time generally for a lot of money. While here, the way I see it; worst case is that you have a slightly expensive trackday as they're happy for you to use the tuition as much or little as you want. They keep the numbers low too, so plenty of space.

Good reports from people of all abilities including fast group - some of these places don't cater for a fast group as there's less interest.

We have three going so far - 2 fast and 1 inters, but all welcome. If you want to ride, we'll have a decent selection of tools etc on the day.
Normal price is £195, but if we can get five together, it knocks another tenner off to £185. So if you're interested, don't book until we've organised the group for the discount!

This company was setup by someone that wasn't impressed by their first trackday experience, so should also be great for first timers too

General details about the training:
https://www.jameswhitham.com/track-training#introduction

Details of the day:
https://www.jameswhitham.com/tracks/mallory-park?item_id=3788&start_date=1473807600&end_date=1473807600&event_id=8265#/

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To be a competent motor cycle rider.

damn... and i was soo close to meeting the requirements Very Happy

sounds rather like the old chris walker school that ran there a while ago.

spectacled as a mate did a day once. was tempted myself at the time, as i was racing and thought the extra would help but i was put off initially as i did the ron haslam one a year previous and that was largely a waste of time. a good day, but didn't learn anything i didn't already know from doing lots of trackdays already. didn't realise haslams was more geared at the novice that wants to get into trackdays, not someone who wants to improve their track skills.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:27 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea; Haslams from what I've seen is very much an 'experience' where they'll tell you that you're amazing ... and pleasecomeagain!

At least you can just use this as a normal trackday, so it'll be an expensive trackday with free photos, rather than a complete waste of time if you don't take to the training.

When I did CSS, the only really useful think I learned I 'stole' - they were teaching it to the level 3 people in my garage and weren't allowed to discuss it with me - I had to listen in pretending not to!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:47 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested, but might be hard getting time off, as it's far oop north. Plus I'd have to hire a van, blah blah... but I like the idea of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to come, especially as Mallory is close but don't have any holidays left to book at work. Are these a regular thing?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:31 - 24 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that regular, but they do have another in October at Mallory I believe.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1