Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Junior Doctors strike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:13 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
[I want to pay more taxes and have to purchase private health care ]. Thumbs Up

I salute your sacrifice.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:26 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBc are pushing junior doctors now that these strikes are taking the piss Laughing

Looks like the game is up
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently 85% public support - even I was surprised by this!

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-09-01/poll-do-you-support-the-latest-strike-by-junior-doctors/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:13 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

syl wrote:
Currently 85% public support - even I was surprised by this!

Because in whom do you put more blind, uninformed faith: your doctor, or your MP?

I'm surprised that even 15% of respondents have looked into it and discovered that the medicos are bawwing about having their hours cut and their pay raised.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all just seemingly a matter of media framing.

Tube/rail strikes - well it's clearly the staffs' fault, proles the lot of them.

Doctors - good upstanding individuals, the future of the country, unsere menschen.

Tesco's wine shelf went on strike the other week. Do they have public support? Rolling Eyes I went for the EU imports.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
[I want to pay more taxes and have to purchase private health care ]. Thumbs Up

I salute your sacrifice.

Actually, I think if you've got the dollar, you should have private care, and NHS be used for emergencies only. Thumbs Up

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think if you've got the dollar, you should have private care, and NHS be used for emergencies only. Thumbs Up

Pardon me... Shocked

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:50 - 02 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should pay for other people's health care because?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:03 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you pay for it already?

The way I see it, the vast number of people who complain about the poor standard of NHS treatment should pay to get the better service elsewhere.

Free up the NHS so they can concentrate on the emergencies.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, the vast number of people who complain about the poor standard of NHS treatment should pay to get the better service elsewhere.

Should they pay less taxes then?

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the matrix of the real.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:52 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you pay for it already?

But I shouldn't use what I've already paid for, in order to free up resources to keep the poor clining to life and the benefits teat? Extant, fecund and impoverished, just the way Mother Theresa and Comrade Corbyn like 'em.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 07:37 - 04 Sep 2016; edited 2 times in total

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the local fuzz, fire brigade, libraries or a multitude of other things. I shouldn't have to pay for them either. Nor do i benefit from the taxpayer funded asylum seeking advice centres which have popped up purely to rake in coin. One organisation would be enough to sort it.

Be interesting if you could actually specify where you wanted your money to go. I've no problems paying the Dr's more, especially if i could take that money from the smackheads, pisspots, and those who generally don't want to take the opportunities offered.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:30 - 03 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interesting if you could actually specify where you wanted your money to go.

So privatisation?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less like privatisation, more of a dropping off services nobody wants to pay for. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:58 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which services do people want to pay for?

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:30 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the local fuzz, fire brigade, libraries or a multitude of other things. I shouldn't have to pay for them either.

LOL. Okay, so we scrap the police and fire brigade, and you just hope no-one decides to take your essentially now free possessions while you're out or burn your house down?

"I don't use the library" requires no comment really...

I'm all in favour of stripping back public services to those that are actually necessary, but if you accept the existence of a state at all, police are pretty fundamental.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:40 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the local fuzz, fire brigade, libraries or a multitude of other things.

Oh, but you pay for private security, and have a team of burly men standing by to drench you with their gushing hoses?

If not, then your strawman is in danger of burning down.

Ste wrote:
Which services do people want to pay for?

Truly essential shared infrastructure. Roads, sewers, dogging spots.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
I don't use the local fuzz, fire brigade, libraries or a multitude of other things. I shouldn't have to pay for them either.

LOL. Okay, so we scrap the police and fire brigade, and you just hope no-one decides to take your essentially now free possessions while you're out or burn your house down?

"I don't use the library" requires no comment really...

I'm all in favour of stripping back public services to those that are actually necessary, but if you accept the existence of a state at all, police are pretty fundamental.

I think I've been to a library once in over ten years. The availability of information on the Internet, and availability of books to generally buy for pennies, what other service do they offer?

The one time I required the police to deal with something in a similar timeframe, they weren't capable of the job, and as a result, nothing happened. Would have been better resorting to sorting it without them. Would you pay an electrician who couldn't wire a plug?

The same argument regarding the fire brigade is applied to the doctors here. Why should we pay for something for everyone else? Well, until you actually need that service, it's the same point. I begrudge paying for the filth more than i do paying for a profession that generally is more beneficial as a whole. Even if I can't specify that they don't treat pisspots.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been to a library once in over ten years. The availability of information on the Internet, and availability of books to generally buy for pennies, what other service do they offer?

Pennies? Books cost an hours wages for most.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 04 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been to a library once in over ten years.

Your'e guilty of.... drum roll please..... https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Yeh I'm being a dick but it is correct. I'm the same as you but then the library is no longer for people like me and you. It is an information access point for many and will benefit many for many many years to come, I'm quite happy some of the extortionate taxes the peeps with the guns steal from me keeps them going.
It's a good one in thinking why should we pay for it but it also answers the "the facilities are there so you have no excuse" problem when people complain.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 05 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
I think I've been to a library once in over ten years.

Your'e guilty of.... drum roll please..... https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Yeh I'm being a dick but it is correct. I'm the same as you but then the library is no longer for people like me and you. It is an information access point for many and will benefit many for many many years to come, I'm quite happy some of the extortionate taxes the peeps with the guns steal from me keeps them going.
It's a good one in thinking why should we pay for it but it also answers the "the facilities are there so you have no excuse" problem when people complain.

Libraries are pretty useful for everyone.

If you're reasonably well off and travel, one tip I picked up recently is to use the library for travel guides and/or maps. No need to buy the guide book to Hungary if you're only there for a week once in your lifetime. That obviously is more efficient than 50 people buying the same book and having it sit on the shelf.

It's a place to go and study if you're sick of the four walls.

They have newspapers, internet for those that don't have it, printing facilities so people don't need to buy a printer for one document per year.

If anything we need more facilities like that, not less. Oil filter removal tool / circlip pliers for rent for example would save thousands of people buying obscure tools for something that gets done a few times a year.

I'd gladly pay a 'library licence'. I doubt it'd cost the 140 a year that a TV licence does, either.

And no, everything isn't on the Internet, even with libgen. Neither is reading a book the same as looking at dodgy PDF scans on a monitor or e-reader.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:08 - 05 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Borg just won a tablet from the local library because he read some books over the summer. It's a pretty nice one too, 10", came with a case and a keyboard and all sorts. Of course, he's using it for games and such.

So, thanks for that, I guess - your tax monies at work. Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 205 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49